Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feeling Nostalgic


Since I have updated my blog, I wanted to share my very first sketch and example layouts. Funny how the industry changes so fast, because I used to love very linear and square layouts and now I appreciate a little more depth and embellishment. Can't believe how fast the time goes...and the styles.


This is the first layout I created with this design in mind. I happened to catch this photo of my daughter on our porch after a rain storm with this gorgeous rainbow in the background. I wanted to use some really colorful papers to capture the moment and since I could not decide on just one - I used a "rainbow" palette. I had also just found these Prima Flowers at Target (can't find them anymore) and used my smallest Fiskars punch to make little polka holes for a light and airy feel. It was also a lot neater than drawing dots on the flowers...I'm all about efficiency, neatness and convenience.


I got to thinking about how much I loved this sketch with Spring and decided to create three more seasons of layouts for my daughter. I love black paper and am a sucker for stickers (well I am a teacher after all) and have to say that I still love these bottle cap title stickers...hmmm do I have any of those left??? Note to self...check for bottle cap stickers :)

2 comments:

Julia said...

Wow Liz. I love this sketch and I adore what you have done with it. What a fantastic idea to do the seasons.Love the new look blog BTW!

Jane F. Smith said...

I love this idea of all four seasons!!! I'm going to have to borrow!