Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Sketch, Guest Designers and Me

Sometimes a very simple sketch can lead to a very complex or dramatic layout.  Check out what the guest designers did this month with this very simple design.  Also keep in mind that the October Sketch Challenge is up and running and that we will have one more sketch after this one that is eligible for this month.  Hope to see you playing along...
Ellen Magnette joins us this week as the featured designer.  Here is a little bit about her, "I am 30 years old and live in Brussels, Belgium with my partner. I discovered scrapbooking almost 5 years ago, but only dared to give it a try one year later. I kinda do all styles, but my favourite one is definitely shabby chic as I am a really sentimental girl ;-) As I am working more than full time as an employee and a freelance medical translator, I do not have as much time as I would like to for scrapbooking, so I am not very productive, or at least not as much as I would like to be!"
Here is what Ellen had to say about working with the sketch this week, "I have the bad habit of being totally unable to interpret a sketch other than verbatim… so for a change, I used it verbatim ;-) I did not use any ink on my LO but instead sanded all the papers as I really love the effect with dark coloured papers. For the choice of the photo, I immediately knew it would be this one, taken by the hotel photographer during our vacation last week!"

Please visit Ellen's blog L'univers de Caladhiel for more information about her and details about her work.

Luzma Bruna is such a prolific and inspirational designer to feature.  I love everything about her work.  Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "Well, I have to say that when I saw the sketch I thought "wow" this is totally my style and this beautiful collection by Lily Bee would be perfect and then I found this beautiful picture of a trip that we made to Paris some years ago that goes perfect with those papers."
Please visit Luzma's blog Luzma's Scrap Place for more information about her and details about her work.

Me - I know....what is up with all this playing along???  I guess I have found a bit more time to scrap...hee, hee.  For this layout, I used the gorgeous and decadent Vintage Groove papers from Adornit.  These are must haves!!!  The combination of black, red, cream and sage are a beautiful palette to dress up an occasion, especially like tea time.  I added some simple embellishments like buttons and flowers so the focus would stay on the photo.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

8 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Love all the layouts,so very different one from each other!!!

Barb Craft said...

Wow!! I love all the design team layouts!! All of them are so different and so gorgeous! I hope I have time this week to try this one!!
Barb :)

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

each layout looks lovely, and so unique! Can't wait for my turn!

LisiB said...

Great sketch and wonderful interpretation. Looking forward to trying this one!

Suzanne said...

Great sketch, and love the inspiration!!!

Lynn Biermann said...

Such a great sketch & wonderful layouts! I love seeing the different takes!! It is always so inspiring to see the sketch come to life! tfs :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful examples, ladies!

Daniela Dobson said...

Love the sketch!!! Beautiful work ladies!