Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sweet Summertime Sketch Challenge

We've been so busy at Little Yellow Bicycle getting ready for CHA Summer 2011, that we got a little behind on our sketch challenges.  But, we are back this month with a sketch and an opportunity to win some of our gorgeous products and... we are featuring our brand new Sweet Summertime collection. Just hop over to the Little Yellow Bicycle blog or Facebook Page for the details.  Can't wait to see what you do with this sketch!!!
Summer in the Rocky Mountains can be a little unpredictable, especially with the weather, but that does not stop my family from getting out and having a good time.  Last summer we went boating on Lake Dillon, which has an altitude of about 9,000 feet. You can imagine it can be a little chilly, however, these gorgeous Sweet Summertime papers still capture the feeling of this exciting summer day and may even cast a bit of a warmer glow upon it.
The chipboard shapes with glitter accents in this collection add just the right amount of summer fun and include a tiny bit of glitter to make them pop off the page.  I added a fresh verse sticker to this cute chipboard cloud to add another sentiment about our wonderful day.
I love the combination of the Sweet Summertime chipboard kite with the journaling card.  The tail of the kite winds around the journaling card and photo to tie them together beautifully.
The journaling cards in this collection are not just for writing.  I used the beautiful shape and color on this one to matte the wallet sized photo so it would stand out just a bit more from the other two photos and an additional sentiment to my title, "Happy Summer."

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Hope you jump into the challenge at LYB.

5 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Yummy papers .. and oh, I love the sketch! Perfect for scrapping some vastions pix!

Michelle said...

This is so fun!! LOVE the sketch!!! Greg and I were talking about you the other day and where you live. The gorgeous scenery!

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Hi Liz! Another great sketch. I run a FB group(Daisy Challenge Central) where we share a list of challenges as they come up and I have re-posted your sketch plus challenge details on it. I hope it's Ok to repost your sketch for this purpose. If not, let me know. Off to find the LYB paper at my local scrap shop! x

Suzanne said...

I love your sketch, and of course, your page is filled with FABULOUSNESS!!!!!! hugs

Yoli said...

The minute I saw this sketch I knew what pictures I was going to use for the page. I liked the sketch so much that I did not even change the kite embellishment. I did not use any of the papers from LBY so I did not enter their challenge. However, if you want to take a look at my page it is posted on my blog. Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration.