Friday, April 26, 2013

Old to New Projects With Xyron


Each year the Xyron Team loves to do a fun promotion where the new design team selects a popular project from the past and uses it to inspire a new project.  We call it Something Old, Something New and you can check out each post this week on the Xyron Blog for more ideas. 
I selected the accordion project above by Elizabeth Bracco, which  inspired me to make this fun Summer Banner to celebrate summer.  Of course I used the Little Yellow Bicycle Splash collection along with my Xyron Mega Runner and 2.5" Create-a-Sticker.
Did you know that the LYB Chipboard Shapes and Clear Cuts easily run through the Xyron Create-a-Stickers?  It makes it so easy to attach them to a project and know that they are going to stay there.  I kinda wish I had a swimsuit like this one, the colors are so bright and fun.
I ran the clear cut flourish, chipboard sentiment and fish through the 2.5" Create-a-Sticker.  Made it super fast and easy to stick them to the banner.  Aren't the little calendar tickets adorable?
I cut up one of my LYB 6 x 6 mini albums into banners, punched some new holes and then covered them with paper.  The Xyron Mega Runner makes is super easy to adhere the paper to the chipboard.  Please ignore my super dirty craft mat.  Just know there is a lot of crafting and very little cleaning that goes on in my scrap space - LOL
The Flag kit in the Splash collection is so much fun to add to a project.  I just trimmed the sticks to fit the smaller size of my banner and then tied them together with some twine.  I also ran the chipboard sentiment "summer" through my Create-a-Sticker.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Christy said...

These are all so awesome!!! I love the bright colors!

Aleksandra said...

I love the modern touch of your work and the colors are great, so brigth and colourful! Gorgeous projects, each one of them!

Have a great day!
Aleksandra