Monday, May 9, 2011

More from Simple Stories

Warm weather is just around the corner and Simple Stories has a wonderful new mid release collection called 100 Days of Summer that perfectly compliments all things summer. Doesn't my little boy make you want to jump in the pool? Or better yet, doesn't this collection make you want to go to the pool just to shoot photos to scrapbook on this gorgeous paper??? Now we are talking! Please visit the Simple Stories Blog for two sketches to go with this project :)
I cut these fun little banners out of one of the 4 x 6 cards in the collection and pop-dotted them to add dimension and make them stand out more on the page.
The colors in the papers are the perfect blend of bright combined with a soft, worn base color that just makes the 100 Days of Summer collection pop.
I added more of the "everyday" photos from this event using the page elements from the collection. I am really excited about how the elements beautifully coordinate with a variety of divided page protector sheets. Below is a sketch that is specifically designed for the Simple Stories 4x6 cards and other collection pieces like the 6x12 page elements. I spent time on my traditional page and then "simply" mirrored some of the papers and elements on the second page. You can see the same numbers and clotheslines on both of my pages.

But wait...look what happens when you put them together...
It's a match made in heaven and I really love how easy it is to create two pages with the Simple Stories system. And it all goes into my album - Simple as That



Thank you so much for stopping by -

5 comments:

Deanna said...

love this Liz!

Nati Tristan said...

This is a great 2 pager! Wonderful colors and pictures

Kathy said...

I liked these pages when I first saw them at CHA, and your layout is making me drool for them now!!! Love the colors...perfect for summer, but toned down! He is a cutie!

Kelly Massman said...

Lovely!

Cindy Groh said...

Love this lo. Wonderful job.