Little Yellow Bicycle's Saturdays collection has got to be one of my VERY favorites! I love reds and blues and this collection features a deep red and denim blue that is perfectly grounded in browns and creams, but I'll let you be the judge. I also love how the Saturdays collection can easily be used for either gender, but I keep channeling masculine pages. I just love the pops of red in this collection and how it is grounded in blues and browns, which I think are perfect for stuff that guys like to do. This is my husband and our son hiking, and then a smaller picture of our campsite
Saturdays collection. I added a basic running stitch around the border of the brown paper as shown in the sketch. Since this is a masculine page, I layered chipboard shapes instead of flowers.
The Tear Out Tickets make a great focal element on a page and provide an opportunity to add some hand written journaling. I like how these have lines, so I write neatly.
Here is the sketch and details. I hope you will jump into our challenge at Little Yellow Bicycle.
Here's how to enter:
1. You may enter by posting your layout to LYB's Facebook Page - please post it in the Album titled "February/March Sketch Challenge".
2. If you're not a Facebook user, you still may enter, by emailing a photo of your entry to email@example.com. Please include your mailing address - so we have it in case you win!
3. All entries must be received by midnight EST on Saturday, March 24, 2012.
Here's the fun part ... the prizes!
1. We will select THREE finalists. All of the finalists will win a prize.
2. We will post the finalists to our Facebook Page and Blog for you to VOTE on your favorites.
3. You'll have a week to vote (one vote per person).
4. The grand prize winner will win $50 in LYB product. The runners up will each receive $25 in LYB product!
**Due to shipping costs, prizes may vary depending on where you are in the world.