Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Simplest Mini Album in the World

Thinking about a mini album and worried about the amount of time it will take to create???  Simple Stories is definitely the solution.  I used the pre-designed 4 x 6 Vertical Journaling Card Elements from their Take a Hike collection to make this fun mini album.
I just punched holes in the top left corner, added a binder ring and some ribbon and twine.  Voila, instant album ready to add pictures to and because the journal elements are already "decorated," this project only requires minimal embellishment.
It's a good idea to add some pop dots to the 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock stickers for a little more dimension on the cover of the album.
This was such a great 4 x 6 journal element, because I was able to use the cardstock sticker sentiments and tiny type to fill in the blanks for the message.  This is my son and I enjoying the apsen grove we stopped at for lunch.
Here you can see how easy it was to add the tiny type and journaling elements.
I think I mixed in some of the Awesome Collection sentiments along with Take a Hike to make the list on this page.  The pre-designed journaling cards make it possible to literally add a wallet-sized photo and a sticker or two and call it a day.
Something else that is really easy to do is run the journal cards through your typewriter.  I was able to type up this longer journal section in no time at all and the beautiful journal card frames it perfectly.
The journal cards even come with lists of their own, so I just took a marker and checked off what applied to this event.  Then again added a cropped 4 x6 photo and a sticker and called it a day.
I think the best part about this album is that this 4 x 6 Vertical Journaling Card was the back of my album and did not need any embellishment...done!
This project took less than an hour to create and will make a great gift for someone or just a memory to keep around the house.

Thank you for stopping by!


2 comments:

Lisa P said...

This is awesome, Liz. So cute and a perfect idea for a mini. I love Simple Stories.

Roxy said...

I love this, and I just happen to have all these journaling cards on hand, too! Might have to whip one up!!! Hugs, Roxy.