Monday, December 3, 2012

Custom Tags and Gift Packaging Ideas

HandmadeGiftWrap1_LizQualman
Time to start wrapping those gifts!  Why not keep it "simple" and create gift wrapped items that can be used again?  I used the Simple Stories Handmade Holiday Collection to cover these boxes and bag in a way that they can be easily opened with out ripping the paper. Then I used the Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio and Charms to make permanent gift tags that can be used for many future holidays.
HandmadeGiftWrap3_LizQualman
For the larger box (found at target), I covered the bottom of the box with the Handmade Holiday mistletoe patterned paper #2709 and left the lid alone since it was already a beautiful red color.  For the permanent gift tag, I chose a 4 x 6 journal card from the Handmade Holiday Collection with a plain background and used my typewriter to add the gift recipient's name, but one could easily hand write a name as well - just make sure it will fit in a 1" cirlce.  Then I used the Epiphany Crafts Round 25 Shape Studio and Bubble Caps to punch out the name.  Finally I added the Bubble Cap to the Round 25 Charm Setting.  Voila - a simple reusable gift tag charm that dresses up any gift wrapping.
HandmadeGiftWrap2_LizQualman
For the smaller box, which has a lid that folds up, I wrapped a strip of the Handcrafted patterned paper #2707 around the edge of the box and then cut a 3 x 3 inch square to adhere to the fold up top.  I used my scissors to curl small strips of a contrasting patterned paper and then used some foam tape to add the fun snowman sticker.  Finally I tied on the reusable gift tag charm.
HandmadeGiftWrap4_LizQualman
For the kraft colored gift bag, I kept it simple and used some patterned paper and the scalloped cardstock sticker trim from the 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock Stickers.  The beautiful tag is actually a cardstock from the collection.  Then, of course, I tied on one of the Epiphany Crafts gift tag charms.

Good luck with getting all of your holiday shopping and wrapping done in time for your own Handmade Holiday, and we hope that Simple Stories makes it a little easier...


Have a wonderful day!
 

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Such LOVELY packages! That snowman is ADORABLE! :)

Unknown said...

These are all so lovely. Hard to believe they are home made! You are very talented. For great Gift Experiences across Australia and New Zealand visit FreemanX

Packaging Specialties said...

Good news about custom tags and gift packaging ideas.

Gift Boxes and Bags