Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Creative Scrapbook June Reveal

This month is all about Lily Bee! Pam sent us the most beautiful kit full of Lily Bee papers and die cuts, Prima and Petaloo flowers, Zva Crystals, Pink Paislee chipboard and many other wonderful goodies. Her kits are loaded with embellishments.


I don't make cards often, but I have to say that I was really inspired by the Lily Bee 6x6 die cuts. For my envelope card, I took one of the die cuts and folded it in half to make the top of my card. Then I used some hemp cord and a Creative Imaginations flower center gem to make the closure.


I have been trying to use more photos on my layouts and to add an interesting twist, I used my Creative Memories circle cutter on the photo of my dog to place in the corner of the layout. I also love this Creative Imaginations die cut paper so much that I did not want to cover it up with printed paper, so I cut out an open square frame of paper to create a border and then used a Lily Bee 6x6 die cut for the title.


I used an old Making Memories die cut paper to trace on the Lily Bee printed paper to make a "new" die cut. I also cut out the inside of the Lily Bee 6x6 die cut to create a frame for the photo of my dd. It just seemed appropriate to frame this sweet expression on her face. I also added a little Maya Roads sheer clock to emphasize the title.

6 comments:

Kris Berc said...

Beautiful creations, Liz, as always! Thanks for the inspiration! Can't wait to work with that kit :)

Pearl said...

Congrat on the spotlight over at the Lily Bee Blog too, Liz ! lovely ideas you have with these papers !

Toccara said...

Very very nice! you do a great job!

I used four of the sketches from the may sketchs. i had tons of fun and I could not do only one.

Thanks visit my site to see the outcome of you wonderful sketches
www.lifeofascrappertoccara.blogspot.com

shana0780 said...

It's very beautiful, I like it

Sharon said...

HI Liz, just popped in to see what you have been up to......amazing creations as per usual. Hope all is well with your family. Henry sure has grown.
Take care
Sharon

Amanda Muirhead said...

Beautiful work as always Liz! Your layouts and sketches are always an inspiration.