Thursday, July 22, 2010

Love that Hat

Earlier this summer, my daughter (who is 6) asked me to take her shopping for some clothes.  She is just starting to care about clothes almost as much as toys if you know what I mean - LOL.  While we were shopping, she told me that she needed a hat that showed her style.  I was very intrigued by this idea...what could be a 6 year old's "style".   Well, she found this cute little hat at Old Navy and said that it was the one.  It was one of those things that as a mom, you love to see...  I think it is so cute that it has the word Peace stitched on it and thought the Free Spirit collection from Little Yellow Bicycle was the perfect choice for scrapping this moment.
My Walmart finally added some more Cricut cartridges, so I picked up the Feeling Groovy alphabet and used it to compliment the LYB Fabric letters - I think it is a good match.  I love how the hot pink paper looks as letters.
LYB always makes the best embellishments.  This is a huge Fabric daisy, which make a nice cluster with the chipboard phrase and green lace cut paper. Isn't it cute?  I added some tiny retro flowers with my EK success punch and some bling.
This is part of a LYB 6x6 decorative edge cardstock that is shaped like a pocket.  It had printed stitching on it, buy I added some hand stitching with green floss to make it stand out more.  This was such a perfect little pocket to tuck my 5x7 photo in and then add the wallet sized ones on top of it.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

9 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Gorgeous little story Liz... they sure do grow up too fast!
Love the vibrant colours of the layout, ties in beautifully with the theme!

Heather said...

This is sooo groovy!!

Unknown said...

That is such an adorable layout. Love that pocket card and the font from your cricut cart. She is so cute in that hat!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful!!!!! She is so cute!

Christy said...

SOOOO CUTE!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great layout ... and what a pricless moment!

Suzanne said...

She is so adorable!!! Love the page!!! Fabulous details!

LisiB said...

It always amazes me how much our little girls know what they want.
Your layout it so much fun. The vibrant colors, the neat title work. Just adorable!

Mel said...

This is a divine layout and the story is too cute, love those adorable letters and the colours here are great, I just finished a challenge using one of your gorgeous sketches at A2Z. Love everthing here. Melxx