Saturday, November 20, 2010

Altered Gift Card Box & Tutorial

With the holidays right around the corner, it's fun to think of thoughtful gifts that are both creative and practical.  My family loves to eat out and gift cards are a wonderful way to share one's love of food. Knowing this, I thought it would be fun to create an altered gift card box using Little Yellow Bicycle's yummy Savor Collection.

I wouldn't quite categorize myself as a "hoarder", but I do have a hard time throwing away beautiful packaging. Consequently, I am often adding something special or interesting to my heap of gift wrapping possibilities.  This little Ann Taylor box is so pretty and even though I was not sure at the time how I might use it again, I just could not bear to throw it away.  When I saw the Little Yellow Bicycle Savor papers and embellishments an idea was immediately born.
These are some of the materials I used to create the altered gift box, but please click on the attached PDF for a full tutorial on how to recreate this idea for someone you love.
Aren't the Savor Paper Lace stickers beautiful?  They are so delicate and add just the right amount of texture and softness to any project.  I only added a tad of ink to "age" the lace a bit.
I am equally smitten with the Savor Mini Banners and was so pleased that the gift card box was just the right size for the EAT banner.  It's truly adorable and easily added to any project.
Finally, add one of your favorite spots for dining.  Larkburger happens to be a "fast food" joint that serves organic cheeseburgers and truffle oil french fries (yes you heard me right). It's basically a small slice of heaven and very popular with my family and friends.  Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you find this idea helpful in your endeavors to send the perfect gift.

Download Tutorial Here!

Download LYBGiftBoxTutorial_LizQualman

4 comments:

Heather said...

This is so pretty!

Michelle said...

This is wonderful! I bought 4 pcs of paper from this line and a couple sticker sheets! I could of bought the whole line!! But... it is all pulled waiting for me for later today. First a trip to the civic center for a train expo for Ben and I.

Kathy said...

I saw that over on Imaginisce last night...what a sweet idea! Need to get my hands on that collection!

Waseem said...

like the idea and all the detailed info..i might need such info when use it for the design of Gift Card envelopes.