Sunday, August 28, 2011

Much to Celebrate


Today is my birthday and my husband surprised me with some beautiful earrings (silver loops - my favorite) and the Chaco Sandals below.  The earrings will dress up my casual Colorado life style, because honestly I would wear the Chacos to a business meeting if I could - LOL.
I am also celebrating that tomorrow the Fall issue of Scrapbooking and Beyond Magazine will hit newsstands and my little Maddie is featured on the cover! What a wonderful birthday to have so much to celebrate.
I was lucky enough to have three pages featured in this issue.  The cover page is from the Gadeget Girls series featuring cool new tools from the industry.  You can actually sign up to win the GCD Chipart Tools that I used to create my page.  Just follow the link HERE.   My page features Jillibean Soup, Little Yellow Bicycle, Nikki Sivils and GCD Studios.
My friend, Robbie Herring, and I wrote a really cute column called Krafty Friends which tells how we met and began our wonderful friendship.  We each have a few pages featured using the ever popular kraft paper.
This page features some awesome corrugated kraft paper from Creative Imaginations and Little Yellow Bicycle's Pack Your Bags collection.  My son had such a great time choosing a pumpkin last fall and I love how this collection captures the colors of the season and the sentiment of the excursion.
This page of my daughter features some Jillibean Soup staples kraft paper and the Elementary Collection from Simple Stories.  I love reds and kraft paper always seems to make it pop without going overboard.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Liz!! I hope your day is wonderful! Congrats on the publications too!!! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday & Congratulations on the cover!

Kathy Martin said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like lots to celebrate and life is good! :)

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Happy Happy Birthday dear LIz and big congrats on your pub,love all those sweet and pretty layouts!!!

Hugs!
Luzma

Kris Berc said...

Happy, happy birthday!!!

Melinda Spinks said...

You old bag... welcome to the dark side! :)
Happy Birthday my dear friend, and I'm so thrilled that you get to celebrate with a front cover... woohoo!

Jolaine Frias said...

Happy birthday Liz! I'm glad you're having a wonderful and inspirted day!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Liz! So glad you had a lovely day and congrats on the pub....beautiful work as always!!!!!

Michelle H. said...

Happy Birthday Liz!!
Big congrats for the cover and the other published projects!!

Cindy S. said...

Happy Birthday, Liz! I am always so thrilled to ee your work & am loving ALL of these LOs! Congrats on being a cover girl!

LisiB said...

Congratulations!!! Birthday and so many publications! You go, girl!!!! Did the dust settle yet? Has school found its routines?
Always wonderful to admire your work

Lisa P said...

Happy Birthday a little late. Congrats on the cute pages and cover.