Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Time for Some Twine!

Little Yellow Bicycle and The Twinery have teamed up this week for some fun project ideas.
Please visit both the LYB blog and The Twinery blog for some great ideas and inspiration. Below are some holiday cards I created using some of my favorite LYB collections and a variety of twine.
Happy Halloween Card
Twine adds a new and fun spin to spider webs. I used an epoxy button from the Booville Collection and 5 pieces of charcoal twine to create my web. I anchored the button to the center of the card, punched tiny little holes around the edges of my card to feed the twine through, and then wrapped more twine around the interior of the web. Next, I added spiders from the Booville Clear Stickers with pop dots and the Happy Halloween sentiment from the Booville Canvas Pieces. Finally I added a few pieces of candy with the Cardstock Stickers. You can order the entire Booville Collection on our Little Yellow Bargains site.
Fall Card
It's fun to anchor twine with a button and fan it out on your project. I wanted to highlight the beautiful Hello Fall Collection chipboard tree, so I added the button to the trunk with three strands of twine and fanned them out on one side by anchoring them to the card with little punched holes. Then I added the sentiment from the Fabric Favorites as well as some leaves from the Cardstock Die Cuts

Holiday Wishes Card
Rolled paper makes a unique looking project. I used two different patterned papers from the Wonder and Wishes Collection and offset the measurements for each roll by a half an inch starting with 4.5 inches on the bottom and ending with 1 inch on the top. Then I wrapped twine around each end of the rolls of paper and stuck them in order to the corrugated cardstock paper. I added a Flower Button Dot as my tree topper and finally a holiday sentiment from the Fresh Verse Stickers.

Please check out the Little Yellow Bicycle site each day for more ideas from the design team!

Thank you for stopping by -

26 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

Super cute cards!! Love these ideas! :)

mamawcindy said...

Liz, What an Amazing Job you did on your Cards! Love them all! Love the Christmas Tree. So Creative! I just became a follower of yours. So glad I found you. Would Love for you to come visit my blog sometime. :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

{Jennie} said...

I absolutely love these! (not that I'm surprised, all your work is great!)

Anonymous said...

So cute, I especially love that spider web.

April said...

These are absolutely fabulous Liz!
- April W

Kathy said...

Love your work, as always, Liz! Especially love the rolled tree and the paper tree! And GREAT spider web! Twinery has become my fave twine for sure!

Annette Allen said...

wow great cards...love how you used the twine.. Thanks for sharing..

Lisa R. said...

GREAT JOB USING THESE WONDERFUL PRODUCTS! LOVE THE ROLLED TREE CARD. TFS JOY4UMETOO AT HOTMAIL DOT COM (FOLLOWER)

Scrappin Abby said...

Hi Liz..I already posted this comment on the LYB blog but I of course wanted to give you props on your own blog :) I love these cards..super creative use of the twine with the web...even though I am terrified of spiders I really liked that card the best :)

Lee said...

So creative - thanks for sharing!

Julie Ranae said...

Liz...it is SO fab to have you teaming up with us at The Twinery! Your projects are so inspirational and your use of our bakers twine really are terrific!

sharon g said...

I just love both of these! The cute spider with the ADORABLE web (who knew a spider and web could be so cute?), and the beautiful tree!

KellyG said...

So awesome and creative! Love the web and the Christmas tree!

Janet's Joy said...

So adorable Liz!!

Kris Berc said...

These are so adorable, Liz!

Cindy Lou said...

Liz, these cards are just too cute! you have a great way to think out of the box, my hat's off to you! Thanks for sharing and inspiring :) Blessings!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I came over from LYB's blog - your work with the LYB and Twinery twine is just fantastic! I especially love the spiderweb - it turned out perfectly!

Kim H said...

Love your cards, my favorite was the rolled paper and twine christmas tree, great texture and dimension. Also like the halloween web card, great use of the twine. thank you for sharing them.

Ruth G said...

So awesome and inventive! I love the spider web and the rolled paper tree especially! TFS!

Linh C. said...

How cute are those cards?!

Karenladd said...

Wow, these cards are all gorgeous but that Christmas tree card is SO unique!

Rona said...

These are so clever!! and super cute

Blossom inch said...

absolutely beautiful projects!

LauraP said...

I love the tree card! That is a great accent idea for a scrapbook page, too!

Lucy Newton said...

I loved the originality of the Christmas tree card, genius!!!

Kathy Mc said...

Love your rolled-paper holiday tree ~ so clever! Great job with your twine spider web also. Super job!