Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Sketch, October 18th

I just love flowers and flourishes and haven't made a sketch with them for a bit, so I thought I would get back to my roots. This is a fun sketch to use with your stash of rubon or cardstock flourishes, not to mention butterflies. Knock yourself out. :)

This layout is featured in the Fall 2009 issue of Scrapbooking and Beyond Magazine as part of the Flourish for Every Season series. I just love the Pink Paislee Fetching line and how it coordinates with their Captivating line. For this layout I wrapped some pearls around a ribbon and vine, added some metal floral brads from Creative Imaginations to the flowers and used an old Basic Grey rubon flourish. I also used a Fiskers border punch called A Dozen Roses to make a custom die cut paper. Then I placed a Heidi Swapp rubon word on the Fetching butterfly chipboard piece to break up my title Beautiful Girl. Thank you so much for stopping by - Liz

3 comments:

Pearl said...

love this sketch , Liz & your sample layout is just gorgeous with Maddie looking sooo beautiful !

My mojo's been a little lacking these days but I'll see if I can do something with this sketch . ;)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great sketcha and the layout si simply beautiful. Think I'll give this one a try tomorrow!

Pearl said...

I finally managed a go here :

http://mycreativescrapbook.invisionzone.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=4897