Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope those of you stateside are enjoying a delicious meal with family and friends and then parking it on the couch for football or some other entertaining screen time. Put your scrap materials down for the day and enjoy your loved ones. To celebrate this wonderful holiday are some cards I created for a couple of Pebbles challenges.


This card was for Suzanne Sergi's Punch it Out challenge. I used a few of Martha Stewart's punches including, a branch, leaf and punch around the page scalloped punch. This card is a combination of Lil' Miss and Downtown collections.


I had a blast making this card. It was one of those creations fueled by caffeine and happening late at night after you have ripped up two previously started projects. I was working on Emeline Seet's Color Combo challenge and I had Thanksgiving on the brain. I just kept staring at the Linnie Bell collection stickers and how I might use them on a card. All of a sudden, the largest flower started to look a lot like turkey feathers and so I grabbed the So Tweet stickers and cut the legs off of one of the birds and added it to the flower. Then I used a brown parenthesis for the neck and cut the center out of the pink tulip on the Skipping Along sticker sheet for the head. All in all, I think it was a great late night idea, conceived at the 11th hour.


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the day. - Liz

2 comments:

A Sarasota said...

the turkey card is awesome! what a clever idea!

Julie Howard said...

That turkey card is pure genius! You're a clever, clever girl. :P