Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

I am in love with what the guest designers did with the sketch this week! I've been playing with strips of paper lately, which for this sketch also translates into journal strips, so this is what I came up with... Have you noticed I've been staying away from just one photo??? I try... Since it is August 1st, this sketch will be eligible for the August Sketch Challenge which I will post in a few days, after I announce the winner of the July Challenge - relax...you have time :)

Take a look at the work of these incredibly talented ladies. Make sure you go visit their blogs for some extra tips and inspiration....
Heather Robertson is our featured designer this week and she really went all out with her AWESOME project. Here is a little bit about her, "I've been blessed to be able to live in two of the most beautiful places on earth. I grew up in Northern Ireland and now live in Alaska. Our family loves to spend time outdoors - hiking, fishing (I read while they fish), cycling and traveling. Dan and I have been married for 13 years (lucky for some) and have a 12 year old Nathan who avoids the camera like the plague and a 10 year old daughter Lauren who is always on alert for posing. Also, often featured on my pages are our two Chesapeakes, Kona and Willou and our 3 cats - Meow, Deshka and Athena. I've been scrapping for about 7 years, mainly pages but I also love to create cards. I "collect" mini albums and my resolution is to start filling them up with memories. Some of my favorite things to do is mix papers and embellishments from lots of different companies, stitch, use punches , lots of shapes, journal and combine bold colors. I sometimes seem to be behind the times with new techniques and trends but I always try to be a little different anyway."
Heather totally blew me away with this layout of my sketch. I opened her email and my jaw hit the floor. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch this week, "Liz's sketches are so perfect I really hate to mess with them. I offset the middle square a little since I hate to have anything centered. I also love to have borders on my papers to add definition so I added both a paper and stitched border. I don't often use flowers, so I substituted the K&Co and Imaginisce stickers in their place. Instead of journaling, I added a Heidi Grace acrylic quote which reads,"one's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." I love the muted Basic Grey background which gives the white space but also a little interest, and I love how the colors in the other papers pop against the beige."
Close ups of Heather's work.
Please visit Heather's blog Unleashed!! for more information about her and details about her work.

Lisa Hidy is back again this week and she created a darling version of my sketch. Are those photos adorable or what - great moment to scrap. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "When I got this sketch, I was immediately excited about the amount of layering it had...I am not the best at layering and combining patterned papers, and since I believe practice makes perfect, I was excited about the opportunity to step outside my box and have fun playing with numerous patterns! I loved this sketch, it is easy to "make your own", and I found the Pink Paislee Starlight papers and embellishments that I had been hoarding worked perfectly with it!"
Please visit Lisa's blog My Creative Endeavors for more information about her and details about her work.


Bonnie Friesen is also returning with some wonderful work this week. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "I was very excited when I saw Liz's sketch, despite the fact that it had 2 photos! I love all the layers in the sketch! I knew right away what photos I was going to use and what papers and embellishments I was going to add. I chose Basic Grey's Capella papers that I inked and distressed and made my twisted Camelot Doop flowers. The layout turned out just like I had envisioned it ! Thank you Liz, for another amazing sketch and the opportunity to Guest Design for you! You are an inspiration!"
Please visit Bonnie's blog Pretty Little Somethings for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

7 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful pages! Welcome back from CHA.

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Thanks liz, for this opportunity! Heather and Lisa, your layouts are beautiful!!! I love how different they all are from each other!

Martine said...

wow! great sketch and awesome LOs!! wonderful work, ladies!!

Kathy said...

Great sketch again this week, and LOVE the inspiration, ladies!

Melinda Spinks said...

Gorgeous pages and so very different from each other - beautiful sketch too!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Hi Liz! I`m back from my vacations and my first layout was inspired on your sketch.This is my take
http://luzmasscraplace.blogspot.com/2010/08/our-favorite-photo.html
Luzma

Sarah aka Byclops said...

Thanks for a great sketch! I just uploaded my take on it to my blog - is that all we need to do?

It's here 0 http://byclops77.blogspot.com/2010/08/some-sketch-pages-from-retreat.html