Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

This week's sketch is the last sketch for the August challenge.  Hope you all have fun with it.  It has been such a crazy month for me and I am sooooooo far behind on my blog (in case you haven't noticed).  I'll get caught up again soon :)  But now for the wonderful guest designers.

Rozella Meijer-Kern is the featured guest designer this week,  She created a really beautiful layout to share with all of you, but first here is a little about her, "I'm Rozella Meijer-Kern and I live in the Netherlands. I am married to my husband Peter and we have two beautiful girls Lysanne and Julia. I discovered scrapbooking a few years ago and have been addicted ever since. Through scrapbooking I keep my memories alive but above all I get to be creative. I love using lots of flowers and bling. Mostly I love to create scrapbook pages and I have been published in various magazines and serve on several design teams. I am honored and excited for the opportunity to be part of Liz's guest designers.
 Here is a what Rozella had to say about working with the sketch this week, "I used the sketch as base, but made some changes.  One thing is I moved the title above the picture. This is my youngest daugther in the summer of 2009. Her hair is almost white. Instead of circles, I used prima flowers and some bling from ZVA Creative. My pictures used were a little too big, so I had to improvise with the sketch.

Close Ups of Rozella's Work
Please visit Rozella's blog Scrap ala Rose for more information about her and details about her work.

Teresa Fenstermacher is back again this week with her amazing design.  Here is what she had to say about working with my sketch, "Once again, I completely enjoyed working with Liz's sketch. My layout went together like a dream. I love how Liz puts so many layers in her sketches yet they have very clean lines. The addition of the circle is perfect. I stayed true to the sketch with the exception of using one photograph instead of two because this adorable picture of my grandson had to take center stage! The papers I used are from the Fancy Pants "Like Father Like Son" line. When you have a sketch with this many layers, it is nice to be able to go to one paper line to get 3 or 4 different patterns that coordinate so you can layer them up. Thanks Liz for another awesome sketch and for the opportunity to design for you!"
Please visit Teresa's blog Teresa Jaye is Here to Play for more information about her and details about her work.

Pat Bishop is also back again this week with another of her wonderful designs.  She said this about working with the sketch this week, "For this layout, I used Cosmo Cricket's Over Easy,  and Bazzill cardstock. I also cut scalloped circles and embossed them to kind of look like tires to mirror the ones in the photos. I kept the layout pretty much the same as the sketch with just a few added embellishments."
Please visit Pat's blog A Scrappin' Nana for more information about her and details about her work.


Thank you so much for stopping by -

5 comments:

Dawnll said...

Great layouts with this sketch!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful work, ladies. Liz, I adore this sketch. Think I may try it this week!

Pat said...

Great work & sketch!

Kathy said...

Wonderful inspiration for this sketch! Thanks, gals!

Kathy White LR AR said...

great layouts!