Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

This is the first sketch for September and it may look a little familiar, because I took one of my favorite sketches and revised it for a fresh look and more photos. I know you are going to love what the guest designers did with it. I will post the August Challenge winner this week and post the September challenge early next week.

Sheila Danforth is the featured designer this week and I am loving what she did with her nostalgic version of the sketch. Here is a little bit about her, "I live in Wisconsin. I have 2 Beautiful daughters and am expecting a Grandson within the next few weeks. My favorite things to do in my spare time are scrapbooking, gardening and exploring antique shops."
This is what Sheila had to say about working with the sketch this week, "I really enjoyed working with this Amazing sketch, I Love flowers and bling so this sketch was perfect for me. I used lots of Prima flowers, bling and paper,some Creative Imaginations IOD paper, beautiful lace ribbon and a dusty attic ornate corner. I didn't have 3 photos I wanted to use but I had this adorable 5x7 of my girls that I had taken at a local scrapbook store a couple of years ago. I stayed pretty true to the sketch because the minute I saw it I was in Love. Liz's sketches make scrapbooking so much fun, I am very grateful to have been chosen to design for her. "
Close Ups of Sheila's Work
Please visit Sheila's blog Luv 2 Scrap for more information about her and details about her work.

Julia Short is back for her third guest spot with another stunning layout to share. I love this photo of her daughter Sandie Vincent and her granddaughter. Here is what Julia had to say about the working with my sketches this year, "I want to say a big thank you for having me as part of the guest design team this year. I have so enjoyed working with Liz's sketches and feel privileged and honoured to have worked with her."
Please visit Julia's blog On Top of the Scrap Heap for more information about her and details about her work.

Beatriz Guzman is also back again this week with another bright and sassy version of the sketch. She also used some of her Paper Poppy kits to create this layout. WTG Beatriz! Here is what she had to say about the working with the sketch, "One of the many reasons I love this sketch is because of the multiple pictures in one page. My daughter is taking photography lessons and she had a "practice session" with me! So this sketch was just perfect! I followed the sketch pretty much throughout the page. I am crazy about Liz' swirls, flowers and butterflies!!!!"
Please visit Beatriz's blog Amazing Grace for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

11 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Gorgeous sketch and pages Liz, Sheila and Julia. I am off to visit your blogs!

Mel said...

Wow I love this gorgeous sketch and the examples are just divine. Melxx

Unknown said...

Great sketch again, and love all the guest desginers layouts. They are all very inspiring!

Teresa Jaye said...

wow, beautiful work, designers! another awesome sketch, can't wait to get started on it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what VERY wonderful pages!!!
Liz, I love this sketch and love your choice in GD's...all really neat and so different!!!!

Caroline said...

Wonderful sketch and such amazing layouts!!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Hi Liz,amazing sketch as always
This is my take http://luzmasscraplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/love-life.html

Mel said...

Almost finished this gorgeous sketch, had so much fun. Melxx

Mel said...

I hope you like my entry, lots of fun. Melxx

http://aussiescrapper68.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-little-sketchbook-kidz-artz.html

Dawnll said...

Here is my use of the sketch, I just loved this sketch
check it out here.

Christy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this sketch. I used a tall 4x6 instead of three short skinny ones....hope that's okay :) :) :)

http://sameoldscrap.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-wish-for-allie.html