Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mess with Me and...

...I'll mess you up - is kind of the face I get from my daughter a lot these days.  Is this typical of a seven year old?  Somebody should let me know as this is my first born and we try very hard not to damage her as we figure out this parenting thing.  Isn't it amazing how fast kids can change their moods? My son is actually a Gemini, so we expect it from him, but our daughter can turn it on and off just as quickly.  What will I do when she gets to middle school?   But, enough of me ranting, because no matter what my daughter's mood, Aphra at the Paper Poppy Kit Co.  can pick a kit that clearly scraps the moment perfectly.
Can you say large doily, pink crepe paper and cardstock sticker journal cards?  It's a recipe made in Heaven!  This page came together so quickly, I had to check my clock to make sure that it was really the right time.
The felt flowers and blue Thickers are such a nice compliment to the soft and beautiful papers from Sassafras.  They just ooze femininity.  I also love the cool border strips that come with the Sassfras papers.

Thank you so much for stopping by - 



8 comments:

Michelle said...

Your LO is beautiful!!! I get the giggles every time I look at one pic of Maddie!! That look just cracks me up!!! This is just the beginning of "the looks"!!! LOL You will get plenty from now thru the teen years!!! LOL

Christy said...

If it's not normal at least feel comforted by the fact that my almost 7 year old daughter has mastered this look too. It must be a girl thing because my 10 year old son doesn't do it LOL. He is a mutter under his breath and scurry away type. It's a girl thing I think to not even bother hiding her disdain LOL.

Super cute layout :)

cecilia said...

She looks like She is very sweet, but I know what your talking about I have a sever year old too. and when they get in that mood forget it.

Sue Althouse said...

Those expressions are priceless! Love the paper you used - just a beautiful layout!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous LO, I love the kit the papers are just perfect. Your daughter looks like an angel!!!

Jade Cook said...

so cute! Sorry no advice for you. my little one is almost 2, but I am sure being sassy at 7 is normal.

Kathy said...

Adorable, Liz! She is just so beautiful, too! I am going to have to borrow this title for a page on my 4 1/2 yo granddaughter....I think attitude and mood fit every girl!

Taj White said...

this is adorable Liz I love it!!