Thursday, September 23, 2010

More From Paper Poppy

The amazing September kit from The Paper Poppy Kit Co. had so much to offer this month. I really loved the cardstock stickers that came with the Sassafras Indie Girl Collection. One whole sheet of banners and one whole sheet of journal spots is like a little piece of heaven. And...I love the soft colors of this collection and really played up the pink in this layout about my daughter. It was the perfect color palette to capture this moment and a great contrast to the blue and pink layout I posted earlier.
I also love these little Bingo cards from Jenni Bowlin that are included in the kit. They make the perfect accent in a cluster and since the chipboard stars are fairly large, the bingo card was a nice grounding element. You can also see a little square cardstock sticker with one of the adhesive buttons from Jenni Bowlin. Talk about being able to be LAZY - you just have to peel and stick those little suckers wherever you want.
Here you can see the cardstock banner stickers. I pop dotted them with foam to make the stand out and then I added a little adhesive to the tops to stick on the string that "holds" them all together. You can also see the dictionary page that Aphra included in my kit. I loved that the first word on this page was mischief, since I seem to deal with a lot of it from my little lady.
Something else I love is that a lot of the products in Aphra's past kits look awesome with her latest ones. I used these Cosmo Cricket Chipboard letters from the March Kit and the Pink Paislee cardstock alphas from the April Kit to go with my layout - they are a perfect match. Reuse, Recycle and all that jazz....

Thank you so much for stopping by -

9 comments:

Becky Moore said...

I love this layout! It is perfect. Not over done or under done- just right. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

This is just so cute!! I love the pics. I figured the 'mischief' was fitting after seeing the other page with her giving you "the look". LOL Your journaling has inspired me to do a page about Ben telling me he has "big ideas and a big imagination". His words.. he told me that not long ago!!! LOL

Melinda Spinks said...

Gorgeous layout Liz, just love the way you've put the bunting together with the little piece of thread across the top - too cute indeed! Aphra sure knows how to pack allot of wonderful products into each kit and you know just how to make them shine!

LisiB said...

Such a cute girly page! Sweet layering and just perfect colors.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, realy love this one .. very girly. Wonderful layering!

Robyn Schaub said...

Love this collection and, as usual, your work is beautiful! The dictionary page is a great touch!

Céline M said...

really lovely

Céline from France

Suzanne said...

I love this page, and the sweet banner!!! Congrats on the feature at Craft Gossip!!! Hugs

Becky said...

Hello from one Coloradoan to another! I found your blog via Craft Gossip. Great layouts on your blog.