Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

Take a look at what the guest designers did with the sketch this week. I am always so impressed with how creative they all are with my sketches. I will post the September challenge soon. Still a little bit behind this month.
Myriam Mantion is our featured designer this week and brings us a beautiful version of the sketch. Here is a little bit about her, "I am 43 and have three children who you can see on almost all of my work. I have been scrapbooking for more than six years and love it so much! I work in a craft shop in France calle CreaCouleurs, and my great pleasure is to scrap with the stuff I have just received from the shop. I absolutely love vintage papers, flowers, stamps and ink. In my opinion, scrapping is for creating, personal pleasure and leaving something for the future..."
This what Myriam had to say about working with the sketch, "I was first surprised by this sketch because I usualy don't work with large pictures. I thought about using two pictures side by side, but then decided to challenge myself with the one. Thank you Liz for the marvelous sketches! I am sure everyone will enjoy playing with this one."
Close Ups of Myriam's Work

Please visit Myriam's blog myriammgscrap for more information about her and details about her work.

Aymee Gandy is back with us this week with her gorgeous interpretation of the sketch. Here is what she had to say about working with it, "As with all of the sketches from Liz, I simply adored this one when I saw it. I just love using any type of circular action on my pages. So this sketch was perfect for me to highlight our recent trip to Coney Island. I used a combination of patterned papers and embellishments from Jenni Bowlin. I also did a bit of distressing and stitching around the edge of my page. I also pulled out my Cuttlebug for this layout. I used the 'Victorian' embossing folder on the blue strip of paper."
Please visit Aymee's blog Southern Belle Scrapper for more information about her and details about her work.

Pearl Liu is also sharing her wonderful work again this week. Here is what she had to say about using the sketch, "I had some new product in my stash that I really wanted to use so that was my primary focus with this sketch. Using the Jillibean Soup Monster Stew papers , I chose to use 2 of the scalloped frames in the line, instead of using the semi circles as prompted by the sketch. I built up the layout design from there - picking a photo of my son to match the paper . I often have difficulty embellishing boy layouts - so I turned to some new Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze that I have to create a unique background with a drippy paint technique. After the Glaze drips had dried I also misted on some new Chalkboard Glimmer Mists to add a little subtle color to the background. Lastly, I couldn't resist painting on some Gold Gimmer Glam below the title . I cut out some fun monster faces as embellies as well as added some Such Sweet Tierney handmade chipboard buttons."
Please visit Pearl's blog Pearl's Paperfections for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

4 comments:

myriamMG said...

thanks again Liz for your fantastic sketch and for all the job you do for this blog !

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful job, ladies. Liz, fabulous sketch as always!

Dawnll said...

Great job with the sketch ladies!
I just love your sketches.

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Here is my take of your sketch:
http://living-in-the-positive.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-layouts-using-gcd-studios-chianti.html

Thank you for the inspiration.