Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Been MIA

Where have I been???  
To make a long story short, it has been a long August of being busy with my "real" job as an educator.  What do I do you may ask, since most teachers are on vacation in August?  I am what you would call an instructional coach and I essentially teach teachers.  August is our Super Bowl month of preparing for teachers to return to school and we spend a lot of time conducting trainings for our school district's vision.  I also work with Brand New teachers and get to train them on the stuff that new teachers should know.  Anyway....my job sometimes gets in the way of my hobby, which I absolutely hate.  But, what can you do???  Scrapping is not a sustainable living where I come from - one can only dream...  Now that it is September, I am BACK!!!  Yeah - bet you never thought I would ever tell you this much about my real life - hee, hee.  Below is a little bit of Nikki Sivils to share to make it up to you :)
I want to share some of Nikki Sivils gorgeous Tree Love collection.  Being a Colorado girl, these are some of my very favorite papers and embellishments and perfect for the camping trip we took to Rocky Mountain National Park in July.  My son is such a little stinker, that I had to scrap some of his expressions.  For this layout, I added a little red spray mist to warm up the color palette and to add interest.  I also used some of Nikki's awesome sticker letters along with a larger foam alphabet for the title and stuck one of her burlap buttons to finish it off.
You can see the misting in this photo and how well the sticker letters look with the larger black foam letters.  I also love her sticker journal tags and used a black gel pen to write on it.
The burlap buttons make a a great embellishment anywhere you want to arrange them.  I used these to finish of the squared look I had created with the 6x6 patterned paper.  Aren't they adorable???


Thank you so much for stopping by -


13 comments:

Michelle said...

It is fun to know alittle more about your job!! :) Brit's teachers had a ton of training this year. In talking to her math teacher from last year, it didn't leave them any time to get things ready in their rooms, unless they came in early or stayed late. Lots of changes at her school. Your LO of your sweet boy is just too cute!! He sure has changed some since some of the last LO's you have made! I love the misting on it.. and an awesome design!!!! :)

Martine said...

love your LO!! love the design! and what a cutie too!!

cecilia said...

Very cute, I love the spray, I have been thinking about buying some but don't know how to use it.

Sandie said...

ooh, that is so cute. Love that paper line.

Glad to hear you haves some hobby time back :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

I am glad you have time to "play" a little. Your page is gorgeous! and so is yous baby. Happy day!

Lynn Biermann said...

Welcome back & Great work Liz.Love the misting.. that is a great touch! :)

LisiB said...

It is fun hear about the real life of the scrappers! Good to see you back.
Your LO is fabulous and your little boy such a cutie!

Suzanne said...

So nice to hear more about your job in detail. I simply love this page, and design!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Absolutely adorable! Well, your page is pretty good too! ;)

Melinda Spinks said...

Liz is back in 'da house'! Glad to have you back to!
How cute are those NS papers and match perfectly with that super cute little lad of yours - Henry is definitely going to own the world one day. :) Love the layout Liz!!!

Wendy Rasbach said...

I love the punny little tree tilting over by the "Falling for you". That is too cute! He is adorable!
I know what you mean about your job getting in the way of your hobby. Now that I'm back to teaching, I won't have nearly as much time for creating layouts...I'm busy creating learners! :)

Pat said...

Glad to see you back Liz!!! Love that paper & he is adorable!

T.W said...

Such a cool autumn'y LO! The photos pop so well against the soft background papers thanks to his green/blue jacket, it looks awesome~