Thursday, October 7, 2010

Guest Designing for Adornit

Bloom_LizQualman This week I have the pleasure of working with Georgana Hall from Adornit again.  She sent me three delicious collections to work with... but, I might have to choose the Misty Collection as my very favorite and I don't say this lightly because I am totally in love with their Bee Happy collection from the previous release. But truth be told, I adore scrapping with reds and this collections is loaded with exactly the right shade and patterns. Talk about polka dots...sigh. I had a lot of fun with this project. When I saw the sentiment on the cardstock sticker about Love blooms...I started to formulate this layout in my mind. I used my Cricut Country Life cartridge to cut the water pitcher and stems, but then I used the pattern paper below to cut out the flowers.

LG_22260 Georgana also sent these amazing clear stickers that I used to decorate the pitcher and to mirror the flowers I had fussy cut. I also inked a lot of the vase to grunge it up a bit. Then I found these older My Little Shoebox chipboard letters which were the perfect funky fit for the layout. Don't they just jump off the page???

Bloom_LizQualmanclose1 I like to pop-dot many of the embellishments on my projects to make them stand out more and create depth in the layout. I used foam on the stickers to give them a little more dimension and lift them off the page. You can really see how it works on the red flowers. One technique to give you some wiggle room is to back them with cardstock, that way you can move them around without having to commit right away on a location, not to mention how it will spare your patterned paper from eminent rips and tears.


Bloom_LizQualmanclose2Please visit the Adornit Listen In Blog to see more of my work this week as well as work from other guest designers.


Thank you so much for stopping by - 



6 comments:

LisiB said...

Cute photo, great layout and, yes, polka dots rule!

Melinda Spinks said...

Liz this just happens to be one of my favourite layouts... everything works together beautifully and the vase of flowers is absolutely adorable. Love it!

Tammy E. said...

Wow -- I absolutely love your layout. The flower pot is perfect for it!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

LOVE IT!!! so cheery!

scrapgirl said...

I love this layout! Super adorable & as someone who just bought an Expression, it's awesome to see what you did with it!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love the photo and your layout is so fun and funky. Just your style!