Thursday, November 18, 2010

Card Set and Tutorial


The Little Yellow Bicycle Savor collection has the perfect theme for making cards during this month of Thanksgiving and yummy culinary creations.  The color palette is so soft and beautiful and the sentiment is so wonderful.  I had a lot of fun creating these "yummy" cards.
For this card I thought it would be fun to cut one of the Savor 6x6 decorative die cuts in half and reverse the sides to make it look like it needed a special closure like the button and tag.  I love the shape of the die cut and added some of the other patterned paper for more color to the design.  The cardstock stickers made a wonderful sentiment along with the cardstock sticker tag.  I also added a bit of twine to the epoxy button and one of the fabric flowers for cute little accent.
I just love the fabric stickers that come with the Savor collection and used this adorable little apron sticker, with some slight alteration, as the focal point of the design.  I also cut up one of the longer sentence strips from the cardstock stickers and deleted and switched the words around to create the sentiment for this card.
This card is a 7 x 7 inch square of kraft paper folded in half.  I used a corner rounder on one side to add some interest along with some ink.  Then I used one of the template papers from the Savor Envelope Album kit to create the sentiment. Again, the cardstock stickers add a wonderful message and the twine and flower embellishment finish the simple look.

I had so much fun using the awesome Savor chipboard shapes to create this tiny and simple little card.  I also love how it takes all three pages to complete the sentiment. Please see the attached Power Point for a brief tutorial on how to create this fun little card.
Download the Mini Accordion Card Tutorial Below

Download LYBCardTutorial_LizQualmanFinal


 Thank you so much for stopping by and be sure to let me know if you found the tutorial helpful -

1 comment:

Christy said...

This has got the little wheels in my noggin turning like you wouldn't believe! This is not only ridiculously creative....but SOOOO gorgeous of a design too!!! LOVE IT :) :) I've bookmarked this so that when I shamelessly scraplift the idea I at least can link back to you LOL