Thursday, November 11, 2010

Clever Titles

Anyone been watching a certain Dragon movie lately??? How about over and over and over again??? Well...we are guilty as charged and I just love the title, How to Train Your Dragon - cracks me up when I think about the montage scene in the movie. Anyway - using pop culture is a great way to come up with clever titles. I totally robbed the concept of that movie to aptly name this layout of my husband trying to balance a pumpkin on his head. Especially since you can't tell from the photos how many tries it took him - LOL. What are things in pop culture that inspire you to create titles?
The November Kit at Paper Poppy Kit Co. is loaded again this month and I can't seem to get enough of the Jillibean Soup corrugated alphabets. Aphra included the red ones in the November kit, but I still had some of the kraft colored ones left from the May kit, so I just substituted - you get the idea. I also LOVE the American Crafts Bone alphabet. The size is perfect to pair with a larger alphabet.
Like Frances so perfectly told us yesterday there is something to be said about simplicity. So to complete my layout I added one of the Bella Blvd cutouts, a Jillibean star, and a button. Voila!

Thank you so much for stopping by - LIZ this

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love watching that movie, but I don't get to as often as I'd like. I will admit that I laughed with appreciation when I read your title. I can only imagine how hard it is to balance a pumpkin on my head.

LisiB said...

What a clever idea for a title. I always struggle finding a fun and clear title. This is a super idea and the layout is fabulous!!!!

Julie said...

Great title and page!!! Great color!