Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brand NEW Simple Stories


BirthdayParty_LizQualman
Simple Stories has some amazing new collections to share!  I made this page with the brand NEW Happy Day Collection.  It's all about birthdays and since my son turned 3 this summer I thought the Happy Day collection captured his personality and how he celebrated his big day perfectly.
SimpleCreative1_Liz
These are the Happy Day materials I chose to highlight the versatility of the elements that come with this collection.  I chose three 4 x 6 journal cards and one Birthday Memories 12 x 12 patterned paper.
SimpleCreative2_Liz
First, I chose this 4 x 6 jorunal card, because it mirrored the design in the 12 x 12 paper and I liked the sentiment on the journal card that is not in the 12 x 12 paper.  I decided to cut it out and pop it up over the design in the patterned paper.  See below...
SimpleCreative3_Liz
It was a perfect fit over the design in the patterned paper and added a fun birthday sentiment.
SimpleCreative4_Liz
Next, I took the cupcake 4 x 6 journal card and cut out the cupcake to make a cute embellishment.  It was easy to fussy cut and I just added a little chalk ink to soften the lines.
SimpleCreative7_Liz
I also used a craft knife to cut the banner flags out of the patterned paper and then pop dotted them over the picture that would have covered this beautiful stream of banners.  The effect is very fun!
SimpleCreative5_Liz
Finally, I took the bingo card and cut it in half and added some of it behind the 5 x 7 photo and some of it to matte the wallet-sized photo.

Happy Day collection Materials:
Birthday Memories #1504
Happy Day 12 x 12 Expression Cardstock Stickers #1503
4 x 6 Journaling Card Elements # 2 #1511
4 x 6 Vertical Journaling Card Elements #1512

Thank you so much for stopping by today -

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collection - can't wait to see it in person at the stores!

Carol W. said...

Beautiful! Love simple stories collections

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a neat collection! Love all the fussy cutting of the banner!

Kathy said...

I'm really liking these Simple Stories collections. Your page is adorable!

Marhamah Cyrus said...

it's gorgeous.
it's gorgeous.
it's GORGEOUS!!!

i absolutely adores Simple Stories.

sarah said...

cuteness much!? i think so! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Bonner said...

Adorable page Liz - I just love that cupcake with the little flag!!!! I am really liking the Simple Stories collections - I just recently got the 100 Days of Summer & am hoping to find some time to play with it soon :) The pics on my blog were of Ocean City, MD - so right nearby :) We were there too during that time too :)

Mel said...

Super cute!

phamil said...

I had never heard of them before and I saw them at CHA and their collections are awesome! Love your projects with them!!!

Quirinus Solution Ltd said...

Essay Help At Zbusinessfinder
Assignment Writing Services At Servzip
Assignment Help At classifiedads
Assignment Writing Services At About.me
Assignment Help UK At Linkcentre
Assignment Help UK At fonolive
Homework Help At fonolive
Dissertation Writing Services At fonolive