Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday Mornings


I made this ornament with some inspiration from a fellow Colorado crafter named Amanda Probst. We had met up for a really fun day of crafting at the Treasure Box in Fort Collins and she gave each of the attendees a clear glass ornament to decorate. The group was going to vote on the most creative ornament at the end of the day, but alas...a severe storm watch had me heading back to the mountains a little early. But...this is what I came up with along with some directions and product ideas.


I used some Queen & Co Felt Fusion Ribbon in Floral Red to stuff into the ball. It was a whole yard of felt and I probably used about 6 inches. I wrapped the felt around the outside of the ball to measure and then carefully rolled it tight to push it into the ball. Then I used a pencil with a good eraser to help me unwind the felt and spread it back out. You can find this felt for less than $4 for a yard.
I also used one of the My Little Yellow Bicycle 25 Days of Christmas Epoxy Stickers for the tag. I backed it with cardstock and punched a little whole in it to tie with ribbon. You can find these stickers at sb.com for $2.99


Then I tied on some sheer green ribbon and voila - ready for an ornament exchange.

2 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

what a marvelous idea!!!

Cris Cunningham said...

This is a fabulous idea!!!! Thanks for sharing Liz