Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

Welcome back to another week of sketches and guest designers. Wait until you see what the designers did this week with the sketch. Don't forget that you can enter any designs you create with my sketches this month in the July Sketch Challenge - click here.

Lisa Jamerson is our spotlight designer this week and she whipped up this totally cute design based on the sketch. Here is a little more about her, "I was introduced to scrapbooking when my daughter was an infant at a Creative Memories party. After learning the basics and attending my first crop I was hooked. Eight years later I am still addicted and wouldn't change a thing. It started out as me wanting to "save" the memories and put them on a page. It continues to be that but it is so much more now. I do like to hoard products. One can never have too many sheets of paper. It is so fun to see how scrapbooking products follow the trends of clothing and home decor. I frequently turn to home decorating magazines for starting points for pages. I also love to use sketches and sometimes I draw my own sketches but often I turn to Liz's wonderful sketches."
Here is what Lisa had to say about working with the sketch, "One of the particular reasons I love Liz's sketches so much is she always uses clean, straight lines... with an occasional circle. Her sketches are so fun to interpret, and I love the diversity of them. For this particular sketch I loved being able to use more than one photograph. The shapes and layering were a delight. This Sassafras collection was perfect for this. I also used the new iRock from Imaginisce. I really am enjoying that tool and have used it on every project I have done since I purchased it." (Way to go Lisa - I love mine too)
Close Ups of Lisa's work
Here is a bit more from Lisa, "I work full time as a nurse on a helicopter and I have seen people at the worst points in their lives. It can be depressing at times. Scrapbooking allows me to "get away". Not only does it allow me to put my memories down on a page but it is renewing to my spirit. Most of the time my scrapbooking subject will be my daughter, however my dog is a really close second. I do try to make a point to scrap about myself. Not that I like pictures of myself (bleh) but I want my daughter Emma to be able to look back at these pages not just of her but her family. Why she turned out the way she did! LOL"

Please visit Lisa's blog Cut, Create and Care for more information about her and details about her work.

Luzma Bruna ususally works with bright and bold colors, but for this week she did something a little bit different. Love the soft colors and her dangling birdcage, not to meniton her handmade blooms. Awesome work on this page.
Please visit Luzma's blog Luzma's Scrap Place for more information about her and details about her work.

Shamma Parvin is back with us again this week and she did such a fantastic job on her layout. I love the striking dark colors she used from the Imagnisce To Love and Cherish collection. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch this week, "First, I want to thank Liz for this wonderful sketch. I 've always loved her sketches and especially that this one involved a lot of flowers and swirls which are my all time favorites. For this layout, I decided to work with only a single photo and used a library card as a replacement for the second one. I love Imaginisce and this collection is just so pretty that I don't have to embellish my page so much. I also love the burst of red, as I think it gives the page a little zest."
Please visit Shamma's blog Creative Momma for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

3 comments:

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What fun designs and a great sketch! Lisa I love what you did with the Sassafrass!!!

Great work ladies! It was so much fun to read about you too!!!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

I love all the take on the sketch,so different one from each other,Thanks Liz!!
Luzma

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful work from all of you. Love how each one took the sketch, very creative.