Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Getting Ready for Turkey Day!


SoGratefulCard_LizQualman

The count down is on and tomorrow most Americans will be in the kitchen making a plethora of mouth watering pleasures.  Family will arrive and the tradition of celebrating what you are grateful for commences.  I thought it appropriate to make a card to celebrate the holiday. Of course I had to use the Simple Stories Generations collection, which is perfect for this time of year.  The card was also inspired by the talented Allison Landy's sketch from her Big Picture Class called Cooking Up Cards.
SoGratefulCardClose_LizQualman

I primarily used the Simple Stories Generations 6 x 6 patterned paper pad and the 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock Stickers.  I recently found a cute craft store near my home which sells all kinds of knitting and embroidery supplies and picked up this gorgeous velvet fiber to finish off my card.
VeryVelvetFiber

Generations Collection Materials:
  • 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock Stickers
  • 6 x 6 Patterned Paper Pad
  • Corrugated Cardstock
  • Velvet Embroidery Fiber
Thank you so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card...
Happy Thanksgiving..

Blossom inch said...

this is so beautiful card!

LisiB said...

Such a pretty card - the colors are so reach. Happy Thanksgiving!

Suzanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!!! Beautiful card, and if I have not told you how much I love the sweet tree, it is amazing!(:

Melinda Spinks said...

Ooooo, love that velvet thread!!! Such a gorgeous card Liz and very fitting for this time of year. x