Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Titles Made from Cardstock Stickers

 
KeytoMyHeart_LizQualman
The Simple Stories Generations Collection is not only great for Thanksgiving projects, but I used it for a Valentine's Day Layout. I had a hard time finding a die cut to showcase the Designer Cardstock paper for this collection because I did not want to cut off the beautiful flowers in the corner of the paper, but I also wanted the gingham design to be a strong background paper.  So, I went a little wild and took some scissors (yes, I said scissors) and hand cut my own die cut.  I rather like the effect, but you be the judge.
KeytoMyHeartclose1_LizQualmanIt's fun to use some of the Generations 12 x 12 Expressions Cardstock Stickers along with the 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock stickers to create a clever title.  I was so smitten with the keys, that I had to use one in the title.  Plus it was fun to mix the different sized letters from the collection to draw interest to the title.  The different sized hearts overlap beautifully to finish off the sentiment.
KeytoMyHeartclose2_LizQualmanAdd pop dots to your stickers for dimension and interest.  I added them to the polka dot scallop so it would show up more on my page.  Then I pop dotted the little tree and overlapped it with the heart and ticket stickers.
KeytoMyHeartclose3_LizQualmanPersonalize your page with some of your own handwriting.  I rarely write in cursive anymore, because my printing is easier to read, but I went a little old school and added the date in cursive.  I also used the 12 x 12 Expressions journal strips to add a sentiment and pop dotted them to stand out on the page.

This page is also in the Winter Issue of Scrapbooking and Beyond Magazine with full instructions and a product list.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

 

No comments: