Saturday, November 12, 2011

Simple Stories Generations Collection and Cards


Are you looking forward to the holidays? Have you made up your menu, invited your friends and familiy or created any special cards? Today I wanted to share some Simple Stories for creating fast and very sincere cards to give to family during the holidays. Of course I had to use the Simple Stories Generations collection, which is perfect for this time of year. It is is full or rich browns, creams and reds - which together make a deeply felt sentiment around family and heritage.  The chocolatey colors are fantastic and add an "old world" feel to every project. I plan to give these cards to the families who will visit us for Thanksgiving with some kind of gift like wine or dessert.
This card was fun and easy. I simply used the Generations 6 x 6 Patterned Paper Pad and cut the two patterned papers into 4.5 x 2.25 inch rectangles to center on my 5 x 5 card. I loved how the journal tag was already embedded in the design of the paper, so I simply added some of the journal sentiments from the 12 x 12 Expressions Cardstock Stickers. Then I tied some packaging twine around the middle and added a simple burlap button.
I love this little house from the Generations 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock Stickers. It was such a great focal point for this card. Just add foam tap or pop dots to add dimension to the cardstock stickers. I used one of the 4 x 6 journal cards for the main sentiment and then added a sheet of the 6 x 6 Patterned Paper Pad for the background. Isn't that little tree adorable? Bakers twine and a burlap button finish it off.
The Bingo Cards are some of my favorite designs in all of the Simple Stories collections. I cut this one in half to reflect the numbers to go a long with the clock and time sentiment. I used the 12 x 12 Expressions Cardstock Stickers to create the sentiment. Bakers twine is easy to wrap around shapes and adds some texture to the clock. Finished it off with the twine bow and burlap button..

Generations Collection Materials:
* 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock Stickers
* 12 x 12 Expresssions Cardstock Stickers
* 4 x 6 Vertical Journaling Card Elements
* 6 x 6 Patterned Paper Pad
* Brown Cardstock
* Nikki Sivils - Burlap Buttons  - Brown
*The Twinery -  Coffee Colored Bakers Twine

Thank you so much for stopping by!