Saturday, November 19, 2011

Two Pager with Sweet Summertime


Is summer really over?  I say this as a I sit next to a window watching snowflakes falling and thinking of the shopping list for Thanksgiving dinner.  However, I am still trying to eek out a few more projects before I have to fully commit to fall and winter and I am still smitten with Little Yellow Bicycle's Sweet Summertime Collection.   I created this two-page project of my family on the 4th of July using this bright, summery collection.
I love to use the Fresh Verse Stickers to make journal spots.  This sentiment was one long 12" strip that I cut up and made into three.  I love how the red pops off of the page.  Just added a some foam tape to accentuate it even more.
Who doesn't love fireflies?  This collection is full of them both in the Chipboard Shapes and the Favorite Pieces Cardstock stickers.  I backed this wallet-sized photo with one of the journal cards in the tear out ticket book and then add the firefly for some movement on the page.

A Little Yellow Bicycle project is not complete with out adding one of their dimensional shapes like a button dot.  I love the layers and the "already stitched" buttons because it makes life so easy - just sticker that sucker down on the page and be done with it!

Thank you so much for stopping by -

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

This is darling! :)

LisiB said...

Liz, this turned out beautifully. I understand your desire to capture these summer moments. We are covered in fog, grey and minus degrees! Happy Thanksgiving!