Monday, February 8, 2010

Looking for Guest Designers


Need Your Help

It's a new year full of new responsibilities and as much as I love to make layouts of my own sketches, I am finding it tough to keep up. I also really appreciate the layouts that I see other artists creating with my sketches...sometimes more than my own - hee, hee.

So...without further ado, I am looking for approximately 20 sketch happy artists to create two examples of my sketches this year. In return for creating an example of my sketch, I will post your photo, a brief bio, your layout with a description of your techniques and thoughts on the sketch and a link to your blog. This is really about networking, getting the passion for sketching out there and honoring my sketchy friends.

As far as who I am looking for, I really appreciate all kinds of styles and I equally enjoy artists who follow my sketches verbatim as well as those who really push the boundaries. I am also open to novice as well as experienced designers - no resume necessary. Where I will be a stickler is in the presentation of your work. I am looking for clean , clear photos that are shot straight on, in good light and cropped accordingly. I would also like one or two close ups of your work to follow your main layout. Readers love to see the goods and the better you can showcase your work, the better we can enjoy it.

If you are interested in participating, please email me at lizqualman@gmail.com

Please include:
  • a link to your blog - must have one to participate
  • an example of your best sketch work (It would be great if the example was of one of my sketches, but it's not a necessity)
  • your contact info

I will accept emails of interest until Sunday, February 28th. Artists will be contacted some time later that week with a schedule and we will begin posting work the following week.

Thanks so much and looking forward to hearing from you.

Liz

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Cool idea , Liz !

I adore your sketches & just finished a G45 layout that I'm happy with here : http://mycreativescrapbook.invisionzone.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=5817

lol .

I will help you get the word out on my next blog post too !

Cris Cunningham said...

This is fabulous Liz. Your sketches are wonderful. I can't wait to see what others are doing wit them.