Monday, June 7, 2010

A Bit of Inspiration

The Paper Poppy June Kit is loaded with super bright Lily Bee Designs and Aphra had a great idea for the challenge. She asked us to find something from artist Mary Engelbreit to inspire a project and this is what I came up with... I used the artwork below to create this layout and I LOVED the idea. It's almost like the papers were made for Mary.
The large photo of my daughter really reminded me of the little girl with the paint bucket, so I cut the paper to reflect the design on Mary's work and then I turned the Scenic Route notebook paper to resemble the wall she is painting.
The yellow Prima Marketing alphabet is such a perfect compliment to the bright Lily Bee papers. I'm also a huge fan of the rubons and chipboard.
Please visit the Paper Poppy Kit Co. blog for more information about the challenge and to check out the work of the other Design Team members (Aphra and Sylvia) as well as our Guest Designer this month, Lydia.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

10 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

LOVE your take on the challenge, Liz! You couldn't have picked a better art piece for inpsiration. :)

Anonymous said...

This is truly wonderful! I love what you chose and what you saw in it! I hope to sneak in this challenge this week, but you've definitely set the bar here!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Love the inspiration piece! Great layout!

Melinda Spinks said...

Gorgeous take on the challenge Liz... the artwork was definitely the right choice for your layout... just amazing!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Tue inpirstion! Don't you love when something comes togther like this?

Teresa Jaye said...

Awesome layout, Liz - love how you used the ME art for inspiration, perfect take on the challenge. (It's really a cool idea for a challenge!)

Jennifer Shaw said...

This is great!! Love your inspiration!! Great LO!! :)

Blossom inch said...

Good job as usual...I really adore your work Liz... Hugs, Yuz

Michelle said...

That is an awesome piece of inspiration!!! I love what you did with it!!

Taj White said...

this is awesome Liz, totally love what you did here.