Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Guest Blogging at Adornit

I'm very excited to be a Guest Designer at Adornit, Carolee's Creations this week!  They sent me a few of their newest collections to play with and oh what how fun they are...  I am totally smitten with the Bee Happy Collection! Red and blue are two of my favorite colors to scrap and this line has the best color palette of each. My daughter loves to play at our local park and she is only too happy to show how much fun she is having. I thought it would be a great idea to create some movement in the layout by cutting swirls into the corners of the paper and then backing it with another pattern. Then I shadowed one of the swirls with little banners made from cardstock. Finally, I used a large circle to shadow the journal card sticker as a way to add interest and accent. There is also a sketch of this layout to share with all of you, but you have to visit the Adornit site to see it!
I cut these little banner flags from cardstock and then used a marker to create the little "clips" that hold them to the line.  I also used the banner to accentuate the swirl I cut to bring out the other patterned paper.  The effect is quite nice.

For the title, I used some of the Bee Happy A paper to make the letters with my Cricut Story Book cartridge. Then I pop dotted them to add some dimension and lift. The round bee and heart are coordinating cardstock stickers are a wonderful part of the collection and adds just the right touch of embellishment for my simple design..
Since I did a layout with my daughter above, I had to create one with my son too.  He is such a little ham. He loves to get out the mixing bowls and wear them on his head – thus the title Bowl Me Over. I really love that Kraft paper is back in style and how awesome it looks with just about anything. For this layout I used the Boy Jamboree collection combined with some Snapshot paper. It’s fun to play with papers made from text. I’ve been working on overlapping photos and lifting them off the page by adding different heights of chipboard to the backs. I also matted the smallest photo with Kraft paper to draw more attention to it. The circle elements are to break up the squared look of the layout.
I find that papers with text make excellent alphabets. I used the Boys Toys paper and my Cricut Blackletter cartridge to cut par t of the title. Then I shadowed the letters with black to make them stand out more and to compliment the black text on the Snapshot paper. The other sticker letters blend perfectly into the Snapshot paper, but stand out enough to finish the title.
Don’t you just love journal tags? I totally dig the journal tag stickers that compliment each of the Adornit collections and this one from the Destination collection called Journey made a nice contrast to the blues and browns in the layout. The red buttons add contrast and more dimension to the project.
Thank you so much for stopping by -

7 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fabulous pages! Liz, you never cease to amaze me with your work, always so elegant, clean and pretty. Love it all! Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work as always. You really have added some fab background designs lately that have inspired me. Thanks for sharing!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

great lo's, love your bowl me over title!

Jennifer Yates said...

I LOVE what you did with the papers Liz...just beautiful! Fun layouts and I do love those journaling tags...so cute! :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

GReat fun pages .. love the colors and waht adorable pix and titles!

Laura Achilles said...

These are awesome Liz!

Suzanne said...

Simply fabulous pages!!! congrats once again!!! Woohooo!