Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

What are you doing with all of those scalloped circle die cuts you have lying around your scraproom??? Well, I think this sketch might give you a few ideas for cutting them up and adding some details. This sketch is also eligible for the June Sketch Challenge. Click here to enter any work done this month.
Melinda Spinks is such an amazing talent! I am always so excited about what she creates and a little jealous about how her brain works - LOL. I tease her that I am going to go to Australia just so I can rub her belly to see if some of her talent will wear off on me :) Here is a little bit about her, "I live on a farm with my husband The Farmer and my two precious wee-ones Georgia (10) and Benjamin (4). My world revolves around my family, the farm, my garden, spending time in my kitchen and my new hobby in the paper-world. I started scrapping in February last year after a friend gave me a magazine and I thought 'gee, I would love to try that'. It has been a whirl-wind 16 months and I'm loving this new addition to my life, especially the amazing people I have met along the way. Liz just happens to be one of those incredible people!"
Here is what Melinda had to say about working with the sketch this week, "When I received the sketch I had immediate plans... then I changed my mind, again and again! The sketch was open to so many possibilities that I didn't know which direction I would take until I stumbled across this photo of my daughter and I knew it would be perfect, especially with the MLSB papers I'd recently acquired. Although it was a three pic sketch, I decided that the photo lent itself to being sectioned off which would still create the same effect. I didn't stray too much from the original design as it was perfectly balanced and I didn't want to detract from what Liz's original intentions were. Thank you Liz for entrusting me with one of your amazing designs!"
Close up of Melinda's work...
Please visit Melinda's blog The Scrap Farm for more information about her and details about her work.

Pearl Liu is treating us to another week of her wonderful creations and I am so excited about what she did with my sketch this week. She said, "I kept as close to the sketch as possible as was inspired to try cutting up a circular die cut, using the sketch as a guide. I've definitely tried out a lot of techniques in my scrappy adventures but , this is probably the first time I'm doing something like that. I used a sequence of my DD & friends on their first time out kite flying together at a rather iconic landmark in our city. We have such a panaromic view of our new city skyline here."
Please visit Pearl's blog Pearl's Paperfections for more information about her and details about her work.

Marisol Valencia has been working with my sketches for a while and she always has such a lovely interpretation to share. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "When I received Liz's sketch, I noticed the butterflies immediately. I love butterflies! I decided on some family photos, as my family is the protagonist in the better part of my scrapbooking projects. My sons and my husband are the source of my inspiration. Without realizing, I chose these lovely patterned papers from Making Memories and Adornit. The circles that Liz had drawn in her project I made by cutting, distressing and sewing the paper again. I love the effect of seams on the paper...and in the photos! The page is very true to Liz's sketch (since as soon as I saw it I thought it was precious) although I have added some other elements along side of the big butterfly. I cannot avoide it! I'm partial to adorning my pages!"
Please visit Marisol's blog Un Universo con Fotos, Scrap y Mas... for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -


14 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

I adore this sketch, Liz! Namely because I have several of those scalloped circles that NEED to be used. All the designers' takes are beautiful! Thanks!

Melinda Spinks said...

Thanks for such a beautiful sketch to work with Liz! Love the creations by Pearl and Marisol, just gorgeous! Looking forward to doing this again!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a great sketch Liz,and loove all the designs!!!
Luzma

Michelle said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Liz! I, too, have a bunch of those circle pieces that need to be used!! Such great examples of your sketch as well!! Great job, Ladies!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job ladies and Liz, I adore this sketch! So useful and different!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful, wonderful work!!!!! Liz, this sketch is another awesome one. I can't tell you enough how I appreciate multiple photos. Luv it!

Lynn Biermann said...

Wonderful work with such a great sketch!! Tons of inspiration!!! thanks so much!

Barb Craft said...

Wow... these are amazing!! I love all of them and can't wait to get a chance to play with the sketch!!
Barb :)

Marisol said...

Thank you for this beautiful sketch, Liz!
Melinda and Pearl's layouts are awesome, I love them!!!

Marianela said...

Great work ladies!
I just love Marisol's design. Congratulations!
Kisses from Spain

Suzanne said...

I love the sketches,and the layouts are amazing!!! I agree Melinda is amazingly creative, but so are you! Hugs(:

Kris Berc said...

Thanks for another wonderful sketch, Liz! I had fun using this today :)

Bonita Baksh said...

Liz, what a wonderful sketch. I used it, my first time ever using a sketch! Thank you!

Kathy said...

This was such a great sketch. I got my new LYB papers in the mail, so made a page with this sketch. THanks so much for the inspiration!