Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

This week's sketch is based on layers and is easily modified. Turn it or tilt it for a different effect. This sketch is also eligible for this month's challenge, please click here to enter your work.
Sandie Vincent joins us from the UK this week. She has such a fresh style that is eye catching. Here is a little bit about her, "I'm a 30 something Mum of 3 children and have been married to Rich for 14 years. I live in the South West of England in a town called Swindon. I work as a freelance scrapbook teacher, and teach at my LSS 4 times a month as well as at a local crop once a month. I've just recently taught at a retreat which was a wonderful experience."
Here is what Sandie had to say about working with the sketch, "I loved the sketch that Liz sent to me, but had to adapt it to suit my photograph, which I rotated it 90 degrees. I've used some beautiful Prima papers and embellishments and replaced the hearts with a journaling spot and a flourish. I followed this theme by adding in a flower and more flourishes. I created my layered edges by using the Martha Stewart Loopy Punch. The photo is of my daughter eating the biggest cookie she'd ever seen, and the journaling reads - "We were waiting for Daddy to have his hair cut, a coffee for me and a giant cookie for you"
Some close ups of Sandie's work.
A bit more about Sandie, "I have been scrapbooking since July 2005 after a friend showed me her albums. I was making cards at the time and was adamant that I wasn't going to get into another craft, but she convinced me that I should take a class and try it out. Well I obviously did, and I never looked back, and absolutely love my hobby. What could be better than getting to play with all those pretty papers and embellishments?? And now I get to share my love of scrapbooking with others through teaching, which I adore doing."

Please visit Sandie's blog All Scrapped Out for more information about her and details about her work.

Angela Lenssen has created another wonderful design for us this week. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch this week, "I love the scallops along the side, but when I thought about grass, flowers and houses, they seemed like three perfect layers to use in place of the scallops. It just fit this layout! I'll definitely use the sketch again with the actual scallops along the side. :)"
Please visit Angela's blog Mom-e-Memoirs for more information about her and details about her work.

Monica Goswick is also back again for her second post. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch this week, "I loved this sketch this week, I knew as soon as I saw the sketch which photos I would be using. I tried not to change the sketch too much, I just switched the hearts with word strips instead. I think I finished this page in about 20 minutes, it was quick and easy. That is what Liz’s sketches do, make it easy to scrap!"
Please visit Monica's blog Our Family Life for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

3 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

LOVEEEEEEE this sketch!!!

AngMomof3 said...

Liz...thanks for your sketches! I was honored to design for this week's sketch and love what Sandie and Monica did for their layouts. I'm lucky to design with these talented women!

Sandie said...

Beautiful pages Angela and Monica!! And thank you to Liz for having me here again xx