Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

 It's my son's birthday today and he has just turned two years old!  Where does the time go???  In honor of his birthday, I created a sketch that included lots of stars to play with especially if you have little boys at home like I do.  It's also another week of fun with our guest designers so check out the wonderful work they have done with this sketch...  This is also the first eligible sketch for the June Challenge - have fun!
Bonnie Friesen has supported my sketching for a long time and I always love the fun things she does with her layouts.  She definitely humors me on my multi-photo layouts, because I know she is most comfortable with scrapping one photo at a time.  However, she did a fanstastic take on the sketch this week.  Here is a little bit about her, "I am from Winkler Manitoba Canada. I’ve been married to my husband for 24 yrs and we have 2 ”newly adult” amazing kids!  I started scrapbooking in fall of 2008, shortly after my mom passed away from cancer. My sister in law suggested we make a memory book for my dad, so I started researching on the internet.  I had never been interested in scrapping before, as all I had seen was pictures with voice bubbles and stickers.  When I saw on the internet what scrapbooking could really be like I was in total awe and instantly hooked! I have found it very therapeutic and love the creative outlet it gives me. I love working with sketches, and often stay fairly true to their design. I love working with Liz’s sketches, and have used them many times."
 Here is what Bonnie had to say about the sketch this week, "When I received this sketch from Liz, I knew right away what photo I was going to use and knew that the Basic Grey papers “Green at Heart” would be perfect!  I decided to use one large photo instead of 3 small ones as that worked better for me. Because I used white cardstock as my background I decided to mat most of my design elements in black to make them pop. I was really happy with the results and really enjoyed working with Liz’s sketch!  Thanks for this opportunity, Liz!" 
Some close-ups of Bonnie's work.



Please visit Bonnie's blog  Pretty Little Things for more information about her and details about her work.

Myriam Mantion is another fresh face and I am totally in love with her very BOY layout.  Exactly what I had in mind when I created the sketch.  Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "It was really nice for me to get this sketch because I had these three pictures of my son waiting to be scrapped ! I usually work with one or two pictures ... so this sketch was a nice opportunity for me !  I wanted to use my brand new masking tapes and these fantastic Cosmo Cricket papers. Two Glimmer Mists helped me to manage ! I made the 3D-stars by myself ... with the help of my Slice machine !"

Please visit Myriam's blog Myriammg for more information about her and details about her work.

Metal Minish is back with us from Sweden again and I am loving his use of Prima.  Here is what he had to say about his work with the sketch this week, "I followed the sketch quite stricktly since I really liked the whole layout. The photos are from when me, my beloved and Konami (who is featured in this LO) went to a nearby park to celebrate hanami, a japanese festival of watching the blooming cherry blossoms. The title 'Sakura' is japanese for 'cherry blossom'.  I used mainly Prima and Webster's products for this, they have such soft colors and great designs that work well together."
Please visit Metal's blog Nerd Scrap  for more information about him and details about his work.

Thank you so much for stopping by - 


9 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful work everyone! And Liz awesome sketch!
Happy birthday to your little guy!

Aphra Bolyer said...

I am sooooo in LOVE with this sketch, Liz! I love white space, wallet-sized photos, and a cluster in the corner. I will be giving this one a go for sure!

Happy B-Day to your little man. Cute boy!

myriamMG said...

thanks again Liz to gave me the opportunity to play with this fantastic sketch ! and thank you to make my LO published on your blog.
The Lo of my partners are fantastic too !
happy Birthday to your little man !

T.W said...

Thanks for letting me play along, I had lots of fun working on this! ^-^

Suzanne said...

Love the sketch, and the love what the designers created(:

Rebecca K. said...

here's mine! AWESOME sketch!!!

http://www.scrapdango.net/gallery/data/500/DSCN3171.jpg

Charlotte Brochu said...

Great sketch once again. Not sure how to link this one, so here's my blog. http://scrapsational-char.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-little-sketch-blook-june-6th-sketch.html

Hilda said...

Hi! Happy birthday to your little boy... Mine is just turning 1 YO in a couple of months. Here's my take on the June LO. :)

http://hildahan.spaces.live.com/

Amarilys said...

what an awesome sketch! Here's my take on it!
http://amadrian8.blogspot.com/2010/06/thursday.html
Thanks for the inspiration,
~Amarilys