Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

I was trying to move photos around on the page and came up with this sketch. I can see how it might be challenging to pull it all together and that the "right" photos are necessary, but I think it has a fun and clean feeling to it. Remember that you can use this sketch in the June Challenge. Click here for more details about it.
Tracy Gardiner is one of my fellow DT mates at Imaginisce and such a sweetheart, not to mention talented. Here is a little bit more about her, "My name is Tracy Gardiner. I am a 30-something (ok, ok, closer to 40) SAHM of a 13-year old boy, Bryce. I have been married to my childhood sweetheart for 16 years and I live on the East Coast of South Africa in a City called Durban, which has basically two seasons … Summer … and Summer … We are presently hosting the Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup in our Country and, although I am so not a Soccer fan, the vibe and buzz has definitely hit our shores and I find myself singing along to the Soccer songs, dancing the Diski (which is the official WC dance) and watching more than a game or two … I love how our Country is pulling together as a Nation for the first time in a very long time … it is indeed a good sign for the people of South Africa."
Here is what Tracy had to say about working with the sketch, "I pretty much used the sketch as is … I journaled on one of the “blocks” and used a flower on the circle where you indicated journaling. I stamped lines onto plain cardstock for the journaling and for accents on the other two “blocks”. I also brought my TITLE to below and alongside the photos as opposed to above and below. I also used pretty bold papers so did not want to make the LO too busy by adding too many embellishments ….The Title of my LO is “Born to crop not to mop” and the journaling reads as follows: - “Sophs and I enjoyed a girly weekend at Emperor’s Palace – 2 whole days of scrapping – no worries – no responsibilities – until we saw the mop!! Grrrr – back to reality with a THUMP!! I am indeed honoured to be providing a Layout for Liz’s awesome sketches and I hope you like what I’ve designed for you …
Some close ups of Tracy's work.

A few more words from Tracy, "I have been scrapping for about 12 years, pretty much since scrapbooking first came into our country. Of course, the beginnings of scrapbooking were very basic here and I stopped scrapping until about 7 or 8 years ago when more product made its way into our eager little paws. Now we get just about everything that is available, albeit a little later than its release in the States. But, of course, there is always online shopping … Bless the Internet …I have a simple and neat style of scrapping and I HAVE TO include more than a few words of journaling on my LO’s."

Please visit Tracy's blog I Am Here to Live Out Loud for more information about her and details about her work.

Sandi Clarkson is back again this week with an amazing patriotic tribute to her her dad, which is perfect or Father's day.
Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch, "I have to be honest that my first reaction to the sketch was to question it. I was concerned that my 3 photos would be kind of floating around and looking somewhat disjointed. And for someone who likes balanced asymmetry, this was definitely outside my comfort zone. However, I decided to go ahead and be true to the sketch (although I thought of a few really good variations) and am pleased with the outcome. After choosing my photos, I studied the elements of the sketch beside and between the photos and thought of the good ole Red, White and Blue. So, my color scheme was chosen and the rest is history as they say! I think I will repeat this sketch soon, doing some photos of my daughters when they were young. I think it would be great for those profile shots you get at the studio."

Please visit Sandi's blog Soft Side of Sandi for more information about her and details about her work.

Diana Gonzalez is also designing again this week and I really love her wonderful color scheme and photos. She did such a fabulous job of pulling everything together.
Here is what she had to say about the sketch this week, "This was a fun sketch to work with. I love circles and this one gave me two well position ones. I used stitching to make a more subtle circle. I also use scraps to give it the strip look."

Please visit Diana's blog All the Days of Our Lives for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

9 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Everyone did such a fabulous job with this sketch!!! I might just have to try this one out!!
Barb :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job everyone! Liz, thanks for having me back again today! Fantastic sketch!

Unknown said...

Great sketch, and all of the layotus are terrific, and are such great inspiration to help you complete this one!

AngMomof3 said...

These are great designs from that unique sketch! I love how they all are clearly designed from the sketch, but are very different from one another. Nice work, ladies!

myriamMG said...

this one is so special ! in French we would call it "tordu" !!!
Biz

Lynn Biermann said...

I love all the takes on this great sketch! Great work ladies & awesome sketch Liz! :)

T.W said...

Oooh, what a unique sketch Liz! Always fun to see something different. Awesome job on the LO's, designers!

Tracy said...

This was loads of fun ... well done to Sandi and Diana - love what you've done ...

And thank you Liz for asking me to design for you ... I am indeed honoured to be part of your amazing sketches ...

Love, Tracy G

Sandie said...

Stunning layouts!! Love all the takes on the sketch.