Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Paper Poppy Sketch Reveal

I just adored Aphra's Sketch this month at the Paper Poppy Kit Co.. It is always such a treat for me to use someone else's sketch. Gives my brain a little break on the planning and more time on the crafting, which was out of this world fun with all the doodads in the kit this month. There was one photo on the sketch, but I have been trying to add more photos to my work and I happen to love wallet-sized ones, so I incorporated three of them into the design to show a little more of Henry. Be sure to stop by the blog to enter the sketch challenge. For the title, I combined the Prima yellow alphabet with the GCD chipboard. The black and white letters got kind of lost on my layout, so I painted them with a sponge brush to add the color and a little texture.
For the journal card on the layout, I used one of the 6x6 die cuts from Lily Bee. First I cut off the red polka dot border, because red wasn't really working with my color palette. Then I sliced it roughly in half and added the two halves to my layout at different places around the photos. Finally, I added some of the super awesome Lily Bee rub-ons. I just LOVE those. Even though I used the rub-ons on the journal card, I still added some thoughts in my own handwriting in other places on the layout.
I love the Lily Bee chipboard flowers. They make great embellishments that you can dress up or leave as they are. I used them to mirror the circles in Aphra's sketch. You can see the little glittered birds on the music paper strip in the background. Aphra adds the best novelties to her kits and this is no exception.

Thank you so much for checking out my work. You are going to love this kit!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout, and the colors are perfect. You had great pictures to work with.

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous design!

Michelle said...

This is just adorable!!! I love all that is in that kit!! Yes, Lily Bee has some great rubons. I used to get Mosh Posh's kits and have some from them.

Lynn said...

Love your layout...and just bought the kit yesterday...looking forward to getting my goodies in the mail!! Thanks for pointing me to the Paper Poppy site!

Suzanne said...

Just a fantastic page all the way around!!! Love it!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aw, this is adorable Liz! Great colors and love the pix!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Liz, this page is awesome! Can't wait to get my kit. Love the photo too.

Unknown said...

i found your blog!! :) love it! I adore your new lo of your ds, too adorable and perfect boy layout!!