Monday, March 15, 2010

Stencils Anyone???


It almost seems like stencils are becoming obsolete with all of the nifty personal cutters that are transforming the craft industry, but I have to admit there are some really cool stencils out there like the Pebbles Inc. Accent Stencils that were made to go with their amazing chalk collections. So...for my recent How To Tuesday tutorial at the Pebbles blog, I got to thinking about what else I could do with them. I had noticed a really amazing paper piercing project from my talented friend, Melinda Spinks (see her projects here), and it got me to thinking. Stencils and paper piercing are just like peas and carrots. Please see my tutorial below for how I made the card above. I just wish I had remembered to put lotion on my hands before shooting this tutorial, but...this is my life - LOL!

Materials:


Step 1 – Using the pencil, lightly trace the stencils with dotted lines about a quarter of an inch apart. You may want to vary the closeness of the dots in some places to emphasize certain parts of the shape you are tracing.


Step 2 – Place a piece of craft foam under the cardstock so that the paper will easily pierce without tearing. Use a needle or ice pick to poke holes in the paper along the dotted lines. Gently erase any stray pencil marks when you have finished the holes.


Step 3 – Once you have finished piercing the paper with your design elements, add it to your project and embellish with Pebbles papers, stickers, flowers, chipboard, candy dots and rub ons.


Step 4
– Pat yourself on the back at the unique project you have created with Pebbles Stencils and paper piercing. Then put a smile on the face of someone you love by presenting it to them.

Than k you so much for stopping by -


8 comments:

Michelle said...

This is a really great idea!! TFS! Very cute card!!

Julia said...

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing Liz!

Deborah said...

Love it!

Lynn Biermann said...

This is so clever!! tfs:)

Valerie said...

So pretty - I see those stencils in my LSS and always want to pick them up - now I will. What a lovely technique - I've got to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

So pretty and soft. Love it!

Pearl said...

love the paper piercing idea with the stencil ! an almost forgotten technique here ! ;) TFS !!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Gorgeous card Liz, and WOW - I didn't even realise that you could buy templates for the piercing... how cool is that!