Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Sketch & Guest Designers

Let's start off with the Monthly Challenge. If you have used any of the sketches from this month, you can link them at the bottom of this post with Mr. Linky to be entered into a drawing for a RAK. You can enter multiple times if you used more than one sketch to up your chances of winning. Only sketches from March are eligible and guest designers are welcome to play along. We'd love to see what you have been up to, so please link your layout by April 3rd for the drawing on the next Sunday Sketch.

Pat Bishop lives in Vermont with her husband Dale. She has two adult sons and two lovely granddaughters. She also lives with two Shih-tzu fur babies, a cat and a guinea pig. Pat started to scrapbook eight years ago when her first grandchild was born. The first time she cut into that beautiful paper, Pat felt she had found a niche. Her mom and sister think she loves scrapbooking so much, because she spent so much time playing with paper dolls as a child. But, then as Pat really got into this craft, she found it is more than saving photos and making pretty pages. She feels that this hobby is our lives, our history and our moments - the good and the bad. And, it is documented for future generations to see and feel what our lives were like.

Pat has been working with my sketches for a while and I am always impressed with how she interprets them. Here's what she had to say about working with the sketch this week, "For this page I used the KaiserKraft Devonshire collection, Prima flowers and butterflies, an SVG file from SVGCUTS for the circle and the rectangles is a SVG file from Aimitup. I also used a digital frame for my photo from HO3. I kept Liz's sketch pretty much as she created it, instead of stitching a decorative circle, I cut a decorative circle with my Cricut to frame my photo."

Look at some of Pat's close ups of her amazing details. Love that butterfly.

Please visit Pat's blog A Scrappin Nana for more information about her and details about her work.

Beatriz Guzman is one of the most prolific scrappers I know. There is always something new on her blog to check out. Here is what Beatriz had to say about working with the sketch, "Liz's sketches are always very inspiring to me and they seem to challenge me to use different products and techniques. I used Jenni Bowlin, Cosmo Cricket and Bazzill papers to make my base resembling a quilt. I made the paper flowers using scraps from my quilt and crocheted the red one, I also used a vintage Bingo token for the center of the chipboard one. I wanted to keep the circle but did not want to cover my quilt so I sewed it in green thread using zigzag stitch. The Bingo card on the upper right corner was the inspiration for my picture and title. My son loves to play games and this picture was taken when he and his bride went to Italy on their honeymoon this past Christmas. The sketch was perfect to capture it all."

Please visit Beatriz's blog Amazing Grace for more information about her and details about her work.

Carly Blaiss has such a fun style and I am so glad that she is joining us as a guest designer this year. Here is what Carly had to say about working with the sketch, "When I saw this sketch, I was excited for the circular element. I don't use stitching on my pages, so I look for creative ways to have the same effect. For this circle I cut out the ring using Creative Memories circle cutters. Then I added Stickles dashes. This sketch has a really fun "bow-tie" icon in the upper right hand corner. When I first saw it I didn't know how I would use it. Once I'd constructed the main section of the layout, I saw how much embellishments I'd used and decided to keep that part simple. I free-hand cut the bow-tie shape from patterned paper and added a color-coordinating brad. The other half of the journaling sticker is behind the button on the leftside of the picture."


Please visit Carly's blog Blaiss of Glory for more information about her and details about her work.


Thank you so much for stopping by and please link your projects below -





7 comments:

Pat said...

Great los Betriz & Carly!! As always I love your sketch Liz.

Shamma Parvin said...

Beautiful take on the sketch Pat, Beatriz & Carly. Very inspiring and Liz thanks for your sketch. Love it much as always:)
Hugs
Shamma

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Liz what a great sketch and I love the beautiful interpretations !!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Liz... how did I miss this one? I was in Ft. Lauderdale last weekend and checked my mail on Monday evening and did not see it! Thank you so much for this. Happy Thursday!

Kris Berc said...

Thanks for another wonderful sketch, Liz! :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job ladies. Love everyone's interpretation!

myriamMG said...

it's always a great pleasure to work on your sketches ! I choose two of them for this month and i've just linked (hope it's not too late ... French local time !!!!!!!!!)
Bravo to all other's layouts : they are fantastic !