Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Sketch & Guest Designers


I am so pleased to introduce our featured guest designers. They are such a talented group of individuals and their work with my sketch this week is just phenomenal. Please make sure to visit their blogs for more examples of their wonderful work.


Lynn Biermann is back again this week with an amazing layout to share with all of you. Her work is so distinctive and easy to pick out at the larger online galleries because of how she grounds all of her layouts in black. She started this wonderful hobby in September of 2007 and was instantly hooked! Lynn loves the idea of archving a little bit of yesterday and today for those tomorrow! Her small, but close knit family provides constant inspiration and support. She also loves the worldwide scrapbooking community and their willingness to share techniques, ideas and friendships. She thinks we are lucky to have each other!


Here is what Lynn had to say about working with the sketch this week, "My approach to a layout has 3 main steps. The photo is always first, followed by my title, & lastly selecting my papers. I look at sketches as an extension of the papers! I can see the papers used in a sketch before I start the layout. They just seem to make the process enjoyable. I love to take the sketch as far as I can… without losing the integrity of the sketch!"


Lynn also wanted to share her tutorial on how she made those awesome blooms. Click here for the tutorial and more information about Lynn at her blog Pretty Paper Swirls.


Sandie Vincent brings us her style all the way from the U.K. I admire Sandie's ability to scrap everyday photos and make them look so great in her designs. Here is what Sandie had to say about using my sketch, "When I received the sketch I instantly knew how I wanted to place my photos. I also knew that I wanted to use Websters Pages paper for this layout. Once I'd decided which papers to use the page just fell into place, Liz's sketch was so easy to use because everything was already balanced for me. I really enjoyed creating this page, and I am so happy with the results".


Please visit Sandie's blog All Scrapped Out to learn more about her and to see more details of her work.


Sandi Clarkson is no stranger to a good sketch. In fact she has collaborated with a few of her friends to run a sketch site called Stuck on U Sketches (a.k.a. SOUS). Here is what she has to say about working with my sketch this week, "It gave me an opportunity to scrap some photos of my daughter's trip to Hawaii last summer with her husband and my grandson. The larger photo of them underwater was highlighted by the placement on the sketch with the supporting photos below. My papers were Basic Grey Sugar Rush and Basic Grey Origins. The solid line across the center was the perfect separation of a primary photo from the secondary. I was going to use ribbon or make it swirly but I cut a blue strip and laid it there .. so I wouldn't forget that part and ended up loving the way it anchored all the other swirly items on the page. Gave it a nice balance. So I kept it straight! This was my first time to scrap underwater pix so that was fun. I chose the orange background to complement the blue water Used my Cricut to cut my title, photo frames and flowers and leaves."


Please visit Sandi's blog Soft Side of Sandi to learn more about her and to see more details of her work.

Hope you find some extra inspiration from the guest designers this week. They really rocked my sketch. Thank you so much for stopping by -



9 comments:

Pat said...

The pages are beautiful & wonderful sketch!

Lisa in Texas said...

Wonderful sketch and just gorgeous layouts!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful sketch and very nice work fro everyone. Happy Sunday evening!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pages!
I have to say that I always love reading the bio's..fun to see a bit about the lives of other crafters!
I adore these LO's...you've all done such neat and different things with it!
Wonderful colors and perfectly embellished!

Julia said...

Wow what fabulous pages ladies!!

Lynn Biermann said...

Thanks for the awesome sketch Liz!!

Shamma Parvin said...

Beautiful pages from the ladies :)
I've completed mine. Thanks for the inspiration Liz:)
www.scrapwithlove.blogspot.com

Pearl said...

beautiful layouts all !! Go , Lynn !!! love your unique style too !

Sandie said...

Wowee!! Fantastic takes on the sketch...

There are a lot of us Sandie/Sandi's out there, lol!!