Saturday, March 20, 2010

Waiting for Spring

Today is the first day of Spring and we just got 4 inches of snow and it's very cold. Spring in the Rocky Mountains is highly anticipated, but sometimes slow to bloom. The creation of this layout was to squelch my winter blues and get ready for the change of seasons. Bo Bunny is running a color challenge on their blog in which you need to use Green, Cream or White and Aqua. Click here for more details. I used the Alissa collection from last Spring that came in my previous April Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook. I also used my Cricut Expressions and the Home Accent cartridge to make the green die cut paper. I incorporated the negative part of what I cut out instead of the primary shape to give my layout a lot of texture and dimension. I'm having so much fun with the cutter. So many possibilities...

The photo is of my sister and brother in law and was taken to celebrate their engagement by their friend Jensen. They found those amazing trees in Austin, Texas and I just love this photo. For the record, I did slightly alter the color of my SIL's dress to match the papers...I know... it is part of my OCD tendency for matching. LOL!

Thank you so much for stopping by -


12 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh this is so pretty!!! What a sweet page!! I love the color combo and how you used the neg. part of what you cut out!! I am hoping spring reaches you soon! Believe me, we are not out of the woods yet, as far as snow goes either!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Liz, this is a fabulous page! I love the color combination and all your details. What a romantic and sweet picture! Keep warm.... and have a wonderful and restful Sunday!

Teresa Jaye said...

Liz this is such a sweet layout. I love how you die cut the green paper and how you spaced the letters out in the title to mimic the rhyme. Just adorable!

Kelly Massman said...

Your Bo Bunny challenge layout is awesome, too! Wow, it looks like a lot of people were added at the end!

thefarmerswife said...

LOL... we are starting to pop up everywhere together, first on the Imaginisce blog and facebook for the stitching and now with Bo Bunny.
Beautiful layout, love how you've used the reverse of the die-cut and the circles across the bottom of the photo.
I had to laugh when you mentioned you changed the colour of your sister's dress... you've just given her two outfits from the one dress - very clever! :)
Melinda x

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring! Today is my daughter's 4th birthday and I think it is so special to have it today! You have snow and we were at the park! But I am sure Spring will be breath taking when its ready!
What a fun page! Neat idea to make that design and use the negative. I think there is limitless ideas with the Expression!
I made another sketch today..still trying when I have time.
Thanks for sharing with us, take care. Leah

Sophia said...

Cute LO Liz...

myriamMG said...

so wonderful ! i like it so much !
biz

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

This is really pretty, the colors are fab together - love it

Suzanne said...

Fabulous layout!

Beth said...

I love the title & how the page reflects the little song! Cute idea! Thank you for the wonderful comment you left for me on my blog! Very sweet of you!!

Julia Sandvoss said...

Oh super sweet layout Liz! And I'm so glad you joined in on the Bo Bunny Hop!!