Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Sketch & Guest Designers

I am so excited to reveal this week's sketch and guest designers. This is our third week of working on this project and I have to say that I am just tickled with how amazing all of the work is and so pleased to be able to share the work with you. The designers did such a fantastic job on the sketch this week that I have to say is a little out there for me... Hope you all enjoy their work and find some inspiration in your own.

Michelle Unruh lives in the pretty dreary, rainy (right now) State of Wisconsin. She's married to a great guy who supports her scrapbooking hobby (or addiction) for 15 years come May. She has three great kids, one of whom has already moved out on her own, which made it possible for Michelle to have my own scrap space! :) Michelle's been scrapbooking for about 10 years and has been a CM consultant for 8 of those years. But, it wasn't until this last year that she rally started playing with all the other stuff the market has to offer. She feels she is learning all over again. Michelle has also dabbled in other crafts over the years... stamping and cross-stitching being a few and LOVES photography. Scrapbooking has really changed how she takes photos; and she knows her photography has greatly improved because of it.

Here's what Michelle said about working with my sketch along with some closeups, "I am a little OCD when it comes to matching my paper with my photographs. I love the cohesive feel it gives when everything matches and coordinates well. While I appreciate all different styles of scrapbooking, I find I do cleaner, simpler pages best. I feel having a sketch makes my time scrapbooking go a little easier if I have a plan or design to go off of. But, I also love the freedom a sketch can give. You can copy it verbatim or take just an element from it. Most cases, I follow the sketches pretty closely, as I did with this page. The focus of my pages are the photographs and the story behind them. For this sketch, I used a picture of my great aunt. I just love this photo I took of her a couple of summer's ago when she was here visiting. She is such a spunky, fun lady. She really brightens my day. I think this sketch was perfect for having the emphasis on this photo."

Please visit Michelle's blog Happenings on this side of the river for more information about her and details about her work.

Teresa Fenstermacher is one of the busiest scrappers out there. You may know her as Teresa Jaye. I see her avatar popping up everywhere and I am so excited that she is a guest designer this year. Here is what Teresa had to say about working with my sketch, "As soon as I saw Liz's awesome sketch I knew that I wanted to scrap this picture of my beautiful daughter from her wedding. I have had the picture and the paper since 2007 and have gotten it out and put it back over and over. This sketch said "pretty" to me, and the vertical area with the bracket edges shown on the sketch gave me an "aha" moment about the patterned paper I had picked to go with my picture. I am so happy with how the border punch I used makes the paper mimic the posts in the picture. After that, it was just a matter of playing and playing some more with lace, flowers, bling, and pearls (which is my favorite part) until I liked the look. Thanks, Liz for helping me to finally get this picture scrapped! What does this sketch say to you?"

Please visit Teresa's blog Teresa Jaye is Here to Play for more information about her and details about her work.

Angela Lenssen is a fresh face to me, but I am so impressed by her work. She did such a fabulous job of really making this sketch her own. Her details are wonderful and she actually added a second photo to her layout which is always a bonus when trying to get those memories preserved. Here is what Angela had to say about using the sketch this week, "This sketch was so great! It was detailed, yet versatile. I chose to add another challenge to the sketch-- using photos and products that I have on hand. This was a bit scary, because when I pull out all my supplies and try to make them work together, sometimes it just looks like a garage sale. But if you're careful to match colors, it can work. All sorts of snowflakes (rub on, acrylic, iron on, chipboard) came together to make this layout "snow" much fun!"


Please visit Angela's blog Mom-e Memoirs for information about her and details about her work.


Thank you for stopping by and if you have a moment, leave a little love for the artists this week -


9 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow!! Angela and Teresa... beautiful pages!! Thank you, Liz! Your sketches are always wonderful and so fun to work with.

AngMomof3 said...

Thanks for the chance, Liz!

Teresa and Michelle-- you have such pretty pages! You're inspiring me to go more girly when I get the chance. So gorgeous-- perfect little details, ladies!

H Love said...

love them all....Angela you have a gift! nice work!

LisiB said...

Liz, Thank you so much for your fabulous sketches! They are such a source of inspiration. I am really impressed!
The designers did a fantastic job. What talent!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Liz, your guests are all adorable! Had a chance to become their followers and also enjoy their blogs and work. You know how to pick them! Thank you for doing this great job on your blog, I know it takes lots of hard work, time and effort and I want you to know I really, truly appreciate it.
Your sketch is beautiful, as always! I will use it today somehow. Happy Monday! Have a a blessed and fabulous week.

Sandie said...

Awesome job by all the ladies. Wonderful layouts :)

Pat said...

Beautiful work ladies! Liz I love this sketch.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful work!!!! Fabulous inspiration!

The Scrappy Tree said...

All beautiful work ladies :) Michelle, I love your photographs and this page is no exception - wonderful pages!